trannmission?

2006 blaster

Feb 11, 2012
Mayville, ND
i was riding today at a gravel pit/sand pit and i was climbing a hill and ran out of power so i was a ramrod and shifted down before i got the clutch completely in and then i heard a ticking noise and then some thing inside hit some thing else and killed instantlty.. i think it broke a gear but dont know for sure...now when i try to kick it it wont move..its stuck...thanks

take the clutchcover off and inspect. if you cant figure it out then its time to split the cases and find the broken whatever... bent everything...

Reading between the lines, ..... sand, ......... climbing a hill,..........lack of power.

Could this be a seize.

Before you start stripping down the tranny.

Access the flywheel to see if the motor is still rotating, or pull the pipe off and look up the exhaust port for any damage to the piston.

yeah i think yor right...i dont have the time to mess around with it now so i am goin to bring it in to a shop..what should i tell them to do ?...bore it out or buy a new jug..?what is cheapest?..when an engine over heats does it ruin the crank case and crank to?..idk ..what do you guys think?..thanks

yeah i think yor right...i dont have the time to mess around with it now so i am goin to bring it in to a shop..what should i tell them to do ?...bore it out or buy a new jug..?what is cheapest?..when an engine over heats does it ruin the crank case and crank to?..idk ..what do you guys think?..thanks

no need to bring it to a shop..... do some simple tests fiirst to confirm what is auctally going on....

pull the clutch in, and try to push it in gear. if it moves, then its the engine. if it dosent, then its the tranny.

The bottom end is usually safe from overheating.

Boring is much cheaper than a new jug.

Lets find out what and why it happened.

Firstly find out if the motor has locked up, if it has, a leak down test should be done to find out if an air leak caused the problem.

If it is just a piston sieze, then just a re-bore and a new piston may fix it.

If the piston has broken and a part of it has fallen into the crankcase, , then the cases will have to be split, inspected for damage.

ok thanks..im bringing it to a shop because i dont have the time to fix it..i think it over heated because it was a hot day and no breeze..and i was woorking it really hard in sand for a long time..thanks for the info..

I have tons of parts to the bottom end of the engine. Whatever you need Ill sell to you a lot cheaper than you can find it anywhere else. Just send me a PM.

ok..i know im bringin it in and everything but i was puttin my clutch cover back on and turned the oil pump over and it was turning the shaft but there was no compression is hat right?

That makes no sense man? Blasters dont have a oil pump unless your talking about the injection pump for the 2 stroke oil? And having no compression is not right. Did you install the kick starter right?

ok..i know im bringin it in and everything but i was puttin my clutch cover back on and turned the oil pump over and it was turning the shaft but there was no compression is hat right?

I think he may be reffering to the oil pump not building up pressure.

I don't think you will be able to turn it fast enough to get it to build up pressure, but there again I have never needed to try.

Well if his oil pump crapped the bed, there the answer as to why the engine seized