training and working out

blasterboy08

Jul 21, 2009
ireland
do you need to work out for racing??or just riding trails in general??i just jog and keep fit and do 50 press ups and sit ups every day because when i first had a bike i found after a good solid 2 hours driving my arms ached!!! so you do have to be fit dont you??:p

well u dont have to be completely fit just have pretty good arm strenght.....and to tell u the truth riding alone is a good work out...turning and moving around on the seat works ur muscles pretty good.....the press ups you are doing should be good the get ur arm and chest muscles stronger

well u dont have to be completely fit just have pretty good arm strenght.....and to tell u the truth riding alone is a good work out...turning and moving around on the seat works ur muscles pretty good.....

ya thats what i found on the very bendy and twisty trails,leaning from left to right made my arms ache but its a good workout..

Reactions: blaster01
you wont realize how out of shape you are until you actually start racing...

I go on a 15mile bike ride 3 times a week
and I work out at a gym 3 times a week (access to a free one at work!)

you wont realize how out of shape you are until you actually start racing...

I go on a 15mile bike ride 3 times a week
and I work out at a gym 3 times a week (access to a free one at work!)

haha ok now thats fit,i just play sport nd do mountain biking but i dont race yet so im okI:II:II:I

You won't be laughing when actually realize how mentally and physically tiring racing is. Any kind, including mx and xc. I ride mx and its hard to make a 5 lap moto wfo. I know I have work to do and in reality you just don't really understand it until you've raced a time or two. Props goes out to all the xc riders out there, you guys have my respect theres no way I could hold on that long. Not right now atleast lol

i need to work out the fingers on my left hand lol, because at the end of a day of slow trail riding with some un-coordinated friends pullin the clutch in starts to get tiring and my fingers hurt. if we rode a consistant speed it would be fine. but on flat parts we fly and on rough terrain we gotta go slow. relllllllllllllllly slow

For sure,

Staying fit is a must

Ever seen a a weak guy ride a qaud or d bike?

I jog a few miles a day workout for an hour,5 days a week

I never get worn out riding but i feel the workout