TM Designworks Chain Slider Kit

Braaaptor

Dec 1, 2009
Hamlet, NC
As seen here:

Blaster 200 (87-UP) Slide-N-Guide Kit [YCP-BLA] - $99.95 : TM Designworks, Online Store

This is a MUST-HAVE for any Blaster, IMO. Kit is $ 100.00 and worth every penny. I got so sick of wearing-out those cheap stock plastic and composite chain rollers that I gave this kit a try. I had one on my old Warrior and it performed flawlessly.

Same situation with the Blaster. Works GREAT!

The kit contains four pieces. I love the chain rollers. They are extremely tough and have a real ball bearing in there. (As opposed to the stockers, which have no bearings whatsoever and just wear on the mounting pegs over time). As a result, the rollers turn smoothly and guide the chain right where it needs to go.

To install the swingarm guide, you have to remove the swingarm, but there's your excuse to inspect and grease the bearings in there while you're at it. Installation was a snap after that. The kit comes in different colors and installs in about an hour. You DON'T have to take the chain off to put it on.

The only gripe I have is the swingarm-mounted roller and guide piece may interfere with the mounting of some aftermarket skid plates. I have a UM Racing skid plate on my Blasty and it clears it just fine, but a skid plate mod or two may be necessary, depending on which brand of skid plate you are running. Other than that, this a great mod! GET ONE; Your chain will be glad you did!

Reactions: Gmon
Tm stuff is some great sh*t. I had rollers from other companies last 1 ride and TM stuff is still rockin. I also rock a TM case saver, they make some high quality items.

I got that kit and yea, the swing-arm mounted roller and guide piece doesn't work with my skid. But if you mount it reverse it fits and seems to roll/guide just fine. Anyone think there would be an issue with this?

No, it shouldn't hurt anything. I never thought of mouning it backwards. Its not like turning the guide around is going to throw off the chain alignment any, so if it works, I say run it!

TMI! I'm curious , I have a nice slider too but can't remember what brand TM or MOOSE?? I had to mount it backwards also still has no wear after a years of ruff rydin. I think i spent $35. i have freeks chain rollers and they have been on there since the build two years ago and are perfect still! $10 I really would like to try the bearing ones.

TMI! I'm curious , I have a nice slider too but can't remember what brand TM or MOOSE?? I had to mount it backwards also still has no wear after a years of ruff rydin. I think i spent $35. I have freeks chain rollers and they have been on there since the build two years ago and are perfect still! $10 I really would like to try the bearing ones.

Freek was talking about the chain rollers at Busco...apparently they wear very well.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think TM Design sells the rollers separately if you just need those.

Freek was talking about the chain rollers at Busco...apparently they wear very well.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think TM Design sells the rollers separately if you just need those.

Yes i have seen them on ebay as well.

My problem is my roller monts were non existant when i built her and i made custom ones that are thicker round, like a sharpie pen!

Yes i have seen them on ebay as well.

My problem is my roller monts were non existant when i built her and i made custom ones that are thicker round, like a sharpie pen! I used a wrist pin!

Damn ... 100 bux is alot, I'm pretty sure you can find them cheaper elsewhere. But they are nice rollers. I just ordered one of their lip sliders for your skidplate, as the rear one does mess with AM skidplates. The stock style ones I've had have needed to be modded slightly to fit which is why I am going to just remove that one and go to a lip slider on the skid (not that it'll do the same job but it will give some protection to the chain from rubbing on plate As I just encountered this problem when breaking a skid and bending it into the chain).

Whatever the case, don't cheap out like I did and buy the Modquad kit...

The upper roller doesn't even fit, and it uses skateboard(yes I checked) bearings. I know this part isn't under significant load, but the engineers could have spent alittle more time researching things.

yo, slide n glide + Z-ring renthal chain = money

you can make the bike hop forward on the launch, its fun. pull back and nail the gasI:I <--- ofc dont get greedy and wind up with the mofo on top of you:/