Time to port it.

blaster214

Jan 28, 2013
Ok so I just picked up this blaster for cheap fixed a few things on it and it runs great now. Other than a cold start issue but I'll deal with that in my other post.
So years ago I had a blaster and I did a lot of work to it. It was stupid fast and I dont remember exactly what I did but I want to say I ported it took the transfers 1 mil up and 1 mil wide. To the exhaust port 2 mil up and 1 mil wide. On either side. Cleaned the rest of it. The I re chambered the head and cut .015 off. Then I want to say I took the base gasket out and used yamabond. Granted that bike had a different pipe but it was an animal. Had decent low end had a nasty mid and kept power all the through over rev.
So right now a have a kn filter and fmf fatty and power core 2 silencer so if I did this same combo would I see more power every where with the fatty.
Reason I'm going to do it is because my buddy just got a 350x atc and I know he's going to smoke me in the current state. So I want to be fast in a drag and fast in the trails. I think the fatty pipe will be on my side with this and I think if I do these mods it will get me where I want to be.
I want to get everyone's opinion on my porting

That should work pretty good. We might not make quite as much power, but it’s cheaper than paying someone.
You can safely widen the exhaust to 70% of the bore width, measuring straight across, not on the curve. Be sure to radius it smoothly.
Post some pictures when done!
Also increase the diameter to match the exhaust gasket, then blend it back to the port opening

Should I take the base gasket out out leave it. I'm going to rechamber the head so I'm thinking I should leave it in

Yea that's what I was thinking but I thought that with the old blaster I had taken it out but I could be wrong that's been a long time ago.

Yea I will. When I rechamber the head how many cc should I make it. I'm unsure of the bore size but the guy I bought it from said it has a recent new top end. Compression is good sonic tend to believe him but I've also found some other things that were broken and from everything he told me he should have clearly known about them so idk how much truth there is to that.

On the old blaster I want to say it was 20 cc but again that's been a long time ago

Search for the recent thread by JoeAK. He did a whole series on head rechamber . Might have mentioned it. Also search member “Best” he’s done some good stuff. It really depends on actual compression pressure, but 20-22 is real common in banshee & pump gas