thinking of swaping

blasters/banshees

Jan 11, 2009
Ny
now I really like the raptor 250 but im not feeling the power output my cousin had one it sucked in power.... anyways im trading my blaster nd pos warrior for a 08 crf450 thats mint i dont no y the guy wants to trade the bike is mint runs great anyways what I was getting at is I where able to find a raptor 250 frame and build of it or even buy the lonestar frame and mount the crf450 motor into......I think it would be a great sleeper and great track quad I was then going to do you no the +3 aarms +4 swing arm +4 axle and all the nice stuff anyways how hard do you think it would be to fit this motor into a such a small chassie and do you think it will be comparble in power to say a trx450r

I think that's a sick project.
Pretty much any motor will fit any frame with some custom motor mounts.
Worst case scenario would be having to bolt or weld in a motor plate.
A while ago I had thought of dropping a YZ465 in a Rappy 250 frame,
but these days I already have alot on my plate lol

this is the list I would do
crf450r motor
k @ N airfilter
sides that say honda on the enigine im just gonna get ones that are blank powdercoated black
+4 durablue axle
+3 asr aarms
Im gonna build my own twin pipes with fmf powercore 4 silencers on them
+2 sterring stem
protaper bars
+4 swing arm
umm im gonna get a full radiator form something like a mojave or another quad
bedlocks all the way around with 18inch itp's holoshots in the back and 19inch itps in the front also
Works shocks all they way around
and billit everything i can get
nice grahics kit to fisnsh it of
I think im gonna do this all in that white and red theme colors

it seems like it would be alot of money but if i get the parts off ebay probley only cost like 3500-4000 and thats what your gonna pay for a nice 450 also this will be all new almost with a 08 motor which im not even paying for the bike and im gonna sell the crf450 chassie for some cash so it will bring my price down so I really dont have to spend much

that would be a very cool project!the pipes will be sick!! the fmf's aren't the loudesy pipes though..if u want loud pipes go with yoshi!!!!

go for it i was thinking of taking a CR 500 or KX or YZ 490 and put into raptor 250 would be cool.. yours would be cool to 450 4stroke if your not into the 2stroke anything is possible if you try.. if your gonna do it get the lonestar frame for sure you know eventully that frame will be like the JP or lonestar or Laegers LTR 250 frame hard as hell to find. go for it

go for it i was thinking of taking a CR 500 or KX or YZ 490 and put into raptor 250 would be cool.. yours would be cool to 450 4stroke if your not into the 2stroke anything is possible if you try.. if your gonna do it get the lonestar frame for sure you know eventully that frame will be like the JP or lonestar or Laegers LTR 250 frame hard as hell to find. go for it

yea I no those frames are hard to find but the lonestar frame is also 1400$ which I can find a used one for 500-1000$ and make it even stronger...im gonna make alot of clean race bracing on it like a extra 10lbs of strong braces for racing and freestyle cause im also really into ramps then im gona powdercoated over the bracing it will look real clean

ya true.. but if you just pick up a stock frame do what lonestar did and make a removable sub-frame just for the trick look haha

ya true.. but if you just pick up a stock frame do what lonestar did and make a removable sub-frame just for the trick look haha

haha yea......anyways this guy doesnt want to trade his crf450 but I found a another crf450 thats a 04 he wants 1500$ for it cause he took the topend to have the shop adjust the valves and clean it and put a new gasket in there but he never put it back togther and its bin sitting so I think im may trade for that the guy sounds real into trading them so thats the route im gonna go is there any diffrence in the motor from 04 to 08

thats gonna be one expensive project :p

not really
im trading my blaster and warrior for crf450
then im spend a good 3500-4000$ to finsih it up cause the twin pipes and motor mounts are getting done buy my freind i also have a powercoater that just charge me for paint so say i spend 3500$ then I still have a roller crf450r i sell that for about 1000-1200$ is what they go for 3500-1200 2300$ that anit bad for having a sick quad to have a nice 450 is like 6g's