Switching over to hydraulic brakes

Yamaha700R

Jun 6, 2016
So I traded some parts for a used warrior, 96ish, and I started switching spindles and stuff over. I have aftermarket alba a-arms and ordered new top ball joints. I saw a kit on eBay for converting the rear to hydraulic. What parts can I use from the warrior to help convert the rear.

Last edited:
In going to aftermarket brake lines what work better, the two cables from the master cylinder to the rotors, or the one cable that t's up to two?

You can use most all of the warriors rear brake system. You will use the caliper, line (if long enough), master cylinder and reservoir. You will need to fab and weld a mount for the master cylinder. Fab and weld a piece of metal to the back of your existing brake pedal to reach the masters location. You will either need to fab a bracket for the caliper to mount to the blaster carrier or if you have a warrior carrier you can cut the brake boss off of it and weld it to the blaster carrier for a precise fit.

Just be aware that the 88-02 blasters had a floating axle where banshees and warriors and 03-06 had fixed axles. Just need to leave some room for the caliper to move. Make sure the slides move etc

Just be aware that the 88-02 blasters had a floating axle where banshees and warriors and 03-06 had fixed axles. Just need to leave some room for the caliper to move. Make sure the slides move etc
So if I pick up a 03-06 blaster carrier do I still need to worry about this?

I called Alba racing and ordered 2 banshee ball joints last week. I put the spindles on and the steering stems were too long. Ran down to the machine shop and had them shaved,drilled, and tapped. I need to pick them up tomorrow see how they fit. The a-arms are +2.

I called Alba racing and ordered 2 banshee ball joints last week. I put the spindles on and the steering stems were too long. Ran down to the machine shop and had them shaved,drilled, and tapped. I need to pick them up tomorrow see how they fit. The a-arms are +2.

I put the spindles on, and they fit great. I'll put the brake lines on Friday.

Attachments

• IMG_0598.JPG
    IMG_0598.JPG
    821.6 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_0600.JPG
    IMG_0600.JPG
    758.6 KB · Views: 376
Reactions: Markblaster
I put the spindles on, and they fit great. I'll put the brake lines on Friday.

If I understand correctly you were able to put the entire spindle and brakes off of the warrior onto the blaster? You had to change the upper balljoint to a banshee balljoint and what did you have to get machined?

I don't understand steering stems being too long for ball joints? Don't ball joints go to the spindles and isn't there only one steering stem not plural? Tie rods too long maybe as there's 2 of those going to the steering stem...? Really like the +2 warrior arms and hydros!