swingarm bearing bushings

killerke

Oct 2, 2014
flanders, belgium
Hello everyone,

Today i've bought a second hand swingarm. It only needs new bearings. now the problem is i can't get the last old bushing out. I tried hitting it with a piece of round steel but it won't move a mm. Tried heating up the outside but it also doesn't work. I've been thinking about cutting the tube off and weld on a new one but i think it's going to be a pain to get it all lined up.

Anybody have some advice?

greetz

Penetrating oil. Spray it and soak the part in it over night. then use a socket or pipe and a big hammer. Or use a press or use a vise as a press.

Skip to 3.23

Penetrating oil. Spray it and soak the part in it over night. then use a socket or pipe and a big hammer. Or use a press or use a vise as a press.

Skip to 3.23

Ok thanks. I did it with a socket and an extention piece. Only thing i have now is that my extention is damaged haha.

Thanks for the tips

No problem. :) extension are easy to buy. Did you get it out in the end?

Well i started on it and it was moving bit i had to stop because i had to feed my 11 puppys xD but i will get there. The only thing i saw was that the inside of the tubes, are a little damaged from wear i think. Will new bushings fix this problem? I never installed swingarmbearings so i don't really know how they sit in the tubes.