Swing arm engine bracket completely cracked off HELP

2smokers

Sep 7, 2015
OK so today I went to sit on my blaster and I hear this squeaking noise when I sat down
So I got off and pushed it side to side and it wobbles so I looked down near my engine and the whole piece in the middle that the bolt goes through is gone the piece to right of the one with numbers on it . I'm going to check if the bearings are shot too. Does anyone the the piece that broke is vital to have or am I gonna go through the a lot off bearings

get us a picture so we can see what you're talking about

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
get us a picture so we can see what you're talking about
right next to the numbers on the right you can see where it snapped

That is your engine case

sure is !

I'd be tempted to find a used/abused/cracked case for cheap, cut that piece out, grind it to fit that area and have it professionally tig welded back on.

the other and best option is to replace that case halve, which happens to be the side that breaks the most from chain whack, and is getting more expensive by the minute as they're getting harder to find these days.
you also need a complete gasket set and new main bearings/seals at least :(

the other and best option is to replace that case halve, which happens to be the side that breaks the most from chain whack

Uuummm, When I look at that pic, I see the right, easily available, side broken. However, might find damage to the left side when you get it apart. I would wonder what caused that. Never seen or heard of that happening.

I would guess that the swing arm bushing are toast. The engine is tied in to the frame in the front so if you move the bolt in the back it's bound to break something. Cast alum. Dose not really bend it just breaks that is the rt side case though

sure is !

I'd be tempted to find a used/abused/cracked case for cheap, cut that piece out, grind it to fit that area and have it professionally tig welded back on.

the other and best option is to replace that case halve, which happens to be the side that breaks the most from chain whack, and is getting more expensive by the minute as they're getting harder to find these days.

Uuummm, When I look at that pic, I see the right, easily available, side broken. However, might find damage to the left side when you get it apart. I would wonder what caused that. Never seen or heard of that happening.

I would guess that the swing arm bushing are toast. The engine is tied in to the frame in the front so if you move the bolt in the back it's bound to break something. Cast alum. Dose not really bend it just breaks that is the rt side case though
I'm pretty sure it's been cracked and the bearings are just shot for 45 bucks I'll replace them and see if the wobble goes away

sure is !

w
image.png

Is this the right side ? Cause I'll order asap

yes, thats a right side
I pulled the swing arm and it defiantly needs new bearings but the some pushing a are stuck and bearings any suggestions on how to get them out. So far I've only used a screw driver and a hammer

I pulled the swing arm and it defiantly needs new bearings but the some pushing a are stuck and bearings any suggestions on how to get them out. So far I've only used a screw driver and a hammer
Get a socket that fits the inside diameter of the tube that will sit on the bearing. Then use a long extension and pound them out. Heat helps too. Or even a blind bearing puller.

There is a reason that case is only $20!!

Notice the missing piece? Hopefully you find a way to fix that, or cut off the back tab like mentioned before

image.png