swaping to an 03-06 frame

Nov 7, 2008
Hey guys,

well my frames bent, so im looking at geting a 06 frame. are there any parts on my 2000 blaster that would not work on an 06 frame, such as my brakes and stuff?

i believe brakes might mount on the front not sure on that but they suck the rear brakes probably wont unless you are sticking with your swinger and axle because the carriers are different.

All of your parts will switch over.Unfortunately your rear brakes will need an upgrade as there is no mounting tab for the cable like you see on the 88-02 blasters.Instead there is a mount for a master cylinder and resorvoir.If you get an 03 carrier and the shee,warrior,03-06 blaster brake line,caliper,master cylinder,resorvoir,right foot peg,03 blaster brake pedal and you could do the rear hydro swap.Your 88-02 front hood will only mount by the 2 screws up top as there is no mount in place for the other,you could always get an 03-06 hood.You will have to drill a hole to mount the cdi as the 03-06 blasters cdi's have a rubber tab that interlocks with a tab on the frame.Get the 03-06 frame,think about doing the hydro conversion and go for it.The hood,cdi etc is just minor stuff that can be done in no time.

I had been planing to do the awk08 rear hydro swap. I think the fronts will be find, its just the rear that im worried about. Maybe it'll be best to just get an older frame. I dont plan on swaping carriers and swinggers unless im going aftermarket.

The swingers are the same.Only major issue you will have is the rear brakes.Awk's setup will not work on an 03-06 so if you want his brakes you need to get an 88-02 frame.