Stroker, 240 kit, both or one or the other

Zech Martin

Jul 19, 2020
Summerset, SD
Rebuilding my 02 blaster I just picked up. Needing some opinions on my motor build. I was looking at just upgrading the bottom end with a 3mm stroker kit and leaving the top end stock, since it’s been so reliable. Does anyone have the stroker and big bore kit installed? And how does it run? Or if you just have one or the other installed? Any input is appreciated. Thanks

I’ll explain my build best I can.

My son bought the blaster for $100. Little repair work and it was running. Installed Fat Bastard pipe and jetted it. He took it out on the ice and cold seized it, four corner seize. After it was bored I decided to port it.
Fast forward a year or so and the balance shaft had catastrophic Failure. Seeing that I had to split the cases I figured it was a good time to replace the crank.
Because I know someone at Vito’s I get parts at dealer’s cost, though I’d get a stroker no matter what.
I used used the spacer which raised the exhaust even more.

Couple more things. I didn’t use a degree wheel or measure anything. My son thought it was to “pesky” with the stock crank :eek: it might be a little bit more with the 3mil

Rebuilding my 02 blaster I just picked up. Needing some opinions on my motor build. I was looking at just upgrading the bottom end with a 3mm stroker kit and leaving the top end stock, since it’s been so reliable. Does anyone have the stroker and big bore kit installed? And how does it run? Or if you just have one or the other installed? Any input is appreciated. Thanks
What exactly is your end goal?
Are you looking for more power? Then have your cylinder trail ported and head mod done
And you will have a big increase in power.
Still reliable. And cost about as much as the +3 crank. But with alot bigger power gain.
Is the stock crank bad?
I run the 240 and +3 .but it's ported so it runs strong.
Un ported it's not that impressive.
If you choose the +3 and porting. They can port the cylinder for the +3 crank so you don't have to run the spacer plate

Reactions: Zech Martin
Yeah I definitely need more power. Vitos has a 240 3mm stroker kit I was looking into. I know the heads aren’t very smooth flowing, so makes sense. Thanks for your input.

Yeah I definitely need more power. Vitos has a 240 3mm stroker kit I was looking into. I know the heads aren’t very smooth flowing, so makes sense. Thanks for your input.
If you got the $ get it and have it trail ported
For great overall performance
Or drag port (drag only)

I have the vitos 240bb and 3 mil stoker kit along with the fat bastard pipe, 4 degree timing key, vitos billet reed cage and spacer, with the vitos carbon flex 2 reeds I also bought my kehin 35mm carb from vitos. I did not port or yet but I did go in and clean and polish the ports following KOR's video tutorial. This thing rips pretty hard I must say. Beat alot of bikes and quads at Buscoe beach drag strip.. (1 guy actually said nice banshee

Reactions: Slydog

I was told by a buddy of mine the big bore kit is overrated. Get your cylinder ported and polished your head modified get a CT pipe. Or if ya wanna really build it drop some money on a airsal build. Reach out to Mike pozzuto for that he's very good at building the blaster engine's.