stock carb leaking

01blastercw

Apr 16, 2015
I got on my quad fired it up but it died I noticed gas pouring out the side of the carb and it wasn't from the fuel line. It was coming out of a small hole bout middle of carb what's up with that?

I have a hose on the bottom and my fuel line and the oil injection line blocked off how many hoses do I need and where do i they go? This is the first time it had ever done this

I have a hose on the bottom and my fuel line and the oil injection line blocked off how many hoses do I need and where do i they go? This is the first time it had ever done this

the hose you described is a vent hose, should be one per side, fuel building up and coming out of that, instead of the rear facing overflow, is big trouble.
be sure to turn the petcock off until you correct the problem, or it'll flood the whole bottom end of the engine.

the hose you described is a vent hose, should be one per side, fuel building up and coming out of that, instead of the rear facing overflow, is big trouble.
be sure to turn the petcock off until you correct the problem, or it'll flood the whole bottom end of the engine.
What would cause this

Would I be better off just to start over with a new carb? And what size would be best

no, clean and get a rebuild kit for that carb, and read the stickies in the carb section on jetting it.
buying any other carb will require the same thing, yet compound the problems of jetting it, as the stock carb is the easiest to tune

I just put a 300 jet on could this have caused it but I've rode ít several times and I just cranked it like i do every day or two and it done this

the 300 main jet has zero to do with the fuel level in the bowl, but your installing it may have bumped the floats out of adjustment, or allowed dirt between the seat and rubber valve tip

Chances are that the float could have disturbed and is now fouling the float bowl, or the adjustment has been changed that it will not operate the needle to cut the fuel off.

Check that the needle and seat is free from debris and varnish!