Starting problem

Doug318

Oct 29, 2020
Had just rebuilt my engine had it running did 3 heat cycles rode it ones no it starts and dies out any idea of what I should look at and help would be appreciated thanks

Assuming you have adequate fuel level and flow and mixed at 32:1. If you are premixing.
After heat cycles was cylinder base abd head gaskets retouqed? Was a leakdown test performed? You may have an airleak(s)
Check spark plug color for an idea if it is fouled (wet or black in color) replace plug
Or white with no color at all which would indicate a lean condition ( airleaks,wrong jetting or carb)
How was it running when you drove it.?
The more information the better we can try to nail down your problem.
Can you run a compression test?
Was an egay rebuild kit used?

So yes it was a ebay rebild kit from BP BP racing with wisco piston and rings Hotrods crank all new seals I ran a leak test held 5psi for 10min spark plug was dry when I pulled out and was a little gray in color when I rode it it seemed to run pretty good when I can get it started and stay running. I am running premix have not retoquerd the head I will try that now

Sounds like your idle circuit?Is this the stock carb you are running. Carb is clean pilot jet is clean. Choke working.
Try adjusting the air screw(pilot screw). Turn it in clockwise till lightly! Seated and back it out 1 1/2 turns as a starting point.
Turning the pilot screw in richens it.
While turning it out will lean it out.
Let me find a link for tou to read on carb tuning

When running will it idle?
Idle adjustment to low.?

So i think I have a cheap Amazon or ebay carb . Have been searching for a carb on line for it and came across a 28mm pwk with new throttle cable from Amazon or ebay sold by Vito's performance I have heard good things about Vito's stuff do u think that that would be a decent carb to get ?

It's a kehin style carb and takes kehin jets i believe. Try it
I would give them a call and see what jetting it has . tell them your mods that way you can pick-up extra jets to get it tuned properly.

Did you run a compression test yet? You have to be careful improper jetting can damage a top end if not addressed