Sporatic idling and revving

Ryhan0428

Jun 7, 2016
At first my blasters RPMs would skyrocket when I started it. Checked for air leaks. None found. Cleaned carb. Now that revving doesn't happen every time but it does sometimes. It also has terrible throttle response. When I'm tapping the gas it seems to take a sec for it to rev, then has a bit of throttle hang. I also turned the tors not knowing anything about it anvil have to figure out where to set it. Any help with these issues is appreciated.

Exactly how did you test for leaks?? Does the throttle work smoothly?? Cable might be routed wrong.
Things might be hanging up in the TORS brick.

Your post is a bit confusing. What do you mean by "tapping the gas" ??

When was last time carb was completely disassembled and cleaned and float level set ? Might have a plugged pilot jet.

Exactly how did you test for leaks?? Does the throttle work smoothly?? Cable might be routed wrong.
Things might be hanging up in the TORS brick.

Your post is a bit confusing. What do you mean by "tapping the gas" ??

When was last time carb was completely disassembled and cleaned and float level set ? Might have a plugged pilot jet.

The carb was just disassembled and cleaned yesterday. I assume that if the base or head gasket was bad, it wouldn't have 150psi compression. It does seem like the cable is getting hung up but it is not. I can take the cover off the tors brick and watch the throttle cable move very smoothly.
Could bad reeds cause this? When I took them out and cleaned them I did notice a very small gap, they weren't sitting flush on one side. So I flipped them over.