Snow Riding

Kos92

Jul 23, 2007
Massachusetts
Today we got hammered with snow. I took the blaster out for a ride but the snow was a little too deep for it. I noticed after doin some riding that my pipe was VERY dark black where the pipe it attached to my engine. It is like stained on there. I tried some steel wool and a wire brush but nothin worked. Is this normal that there is a lot of discoloration? Does anyone know how to get it off? Is this harmful?

Thx

that will stay like that, i dont think theres any way to get rid of it. its from alot of heat. were you WOT and goin slow for along time? its normal for metal to discoulour like that in high heat.

I'm also in MA. Friday evening during the storm the snow was rideable....hills were tough, but down hill was great, and once I got the trail blazed it was fun...but it was snowing so bad I didn't ride for long. Woke up Saturday and riding was a no go......It sux, I can hear snowmobiles on the trails, and whipping down the roads, but the blaster is stuck on the driveway and the roads!! If they clear the roads today, no more fun until snow melts :(.

Also, during the storm friday night I took the 20" holeshots off and switched back to the stockers. They were noticeably better at getting through the snow.