Saturdays race

Kgibson

Nov 4, 2009
Florida
1st moto went good with the win. 2nd moto holeshot and a big lead when the head gasket blew and he had to pull over...that sucked !!! 2 studs pulled out of the jug

DSC04572.jpg

Thanks Slick....I can handle breadowns alot better wen hes not way out front...he was flyin...just got the head work back from Ken and it really helped and then this happens....crap

hate to here that but sounds like your ridin real good, good luck for the rest of the year

congrats on the success this year !!!!!
talked to ken today, and seems he has a possible ace up his sleeve to remedy those studs ????
and i've often wondered ...... is i possible to cut a groove and use an o-ring head gasket on these air cooled bikes ??????
or do they get too hot ?????

I know the oring has been tried by someone and didnt work. I had a local machine shop install time-serts in all the studs. We have another race this weekend so no time to send to Ken. The next fastest kid who got second the first moto had the exact same problem in the second moto. It was kinda weird listening to them both go around..for a while. Both bikes run the ct cylinder (ken has ours faster!!! )...might be a issue with the aluminum cylinder. Hopefully the time-serts solve it. Also holeshot we run 110