Reeds, which is better?

Blaster95-97

Oct 16, 2012
ok so what do reeds do? and what's the difference from vforce 3 reeds and vforce 4 reeds? and do you have to jet when you upgrade reeds?
thanks for the help

yes you do have to re jet 2-3 sizes and before the vf4's camo out people would swear they could take you to the moon on a bakers dozen worth of bibles I use them on my other bike and are nice to boot

ok so what do reeds do? and what's the difference from vforce 3 reeds and vforce 4 reeds? and do you have to jet when you upgrade reeds?
thanks for the help

Reeds are a one way inlet valve. They open when there is negative pressure in crank case and close when pressure is starting to build or equalises.

Though it may not be apples to apples, dyno charts on BHQ showed slight gain at max rpm, and impressive gain mid range (7hp@ 7600). This particular chart was on a 10mil cub. Might not apply to a Blaster but testing showed need for upping pilot jet one size. This particular test was V3 vs V4.

i have 2 sets of vf4 on the way im getting so much business that i can afford to fix my stuff and buy stuff dirt cheap and turn a profit as awk has stated vf3 and vf4 are similar why not just get their newest design

I see no reason why more than one jet size change if any, is required.

Awk I believe runs VF4s, he may chip in.
I was under the impression that changes in air flow needed fuel to match it I may very well mistaken but do correct me if i am wrong you cant really hurt my feelings

not yet, they will be ordered soon
:-/:eek::-/ you dont have them yet!?!?.......... but neither do I

I was under the impression that changes in air flow needed fuel to match it I may very well mistaken but do correct me if i am wrong you cant really hurt my feelings

:-/:eek::-/ you dont have them yet!?!?.......... but neither do I

i spent my vf4 money :( X(
on these I:I.......

6ih3f4.jpg

Tech 6's, worn twice...$114 to my door

lol ha3 nice astarsgreat price to dang I spent mine on new thor mxr1 boots that i've only used a hand full of times. hey you even got the metal toe piece underneath to.

yes you do have to re jet 2-3 sizes and before the vf4's camo out people would swear they could take you to the moon on a bakers dozen worth of bibles I use them on my other bike and are nice to boot

Going from stock reeds to VForce3 reeds didn't require a jet change for me on my blaster. I have aggressive desert porting,re-chambered head,matched transfers,etc.They make everything a bid more snappier,but that is all. Unless you can get the 3's for a GREAT price,you might as well get the 4's.
By the way...stock reeds work great! Don't expect to install reeds and get a huge power increase. Its not going to happen. They do compliment all your other modifications though.
They are a welcome addition to a blaster engine,but in my opinion,are lower on the list of things to get first. Get them,but don't put them at the top of the list. Try the stock reeds first,and then try the up-graded reeds. That way,you can actually see and feel the difference.

Going from stock reeds to VForce3 reeds didn't require a jet change for me on my blaster. I have aggressive desert porting,re-chambered head,matched transfers,etc.They make everything a bid more snappier,but that is all. Unless you can get the 3's for a GREAT price,you might as well get the 4's.
By the way...stock reeds work great! Don't expect to install reeds and get a huge power increase. Its not going to happen. They do compliment all your other modifications though.
They are a welcome addition to a blaster engine,but in my opinion,are lower on the list of things to get first. Get them,but don't put them at the top of the list. Try the stock reeds first,and then try the up-graded reeds. That way,you can actually see and feel the difference.

I totally agree here, Everything I have read about reeds say they come last as a compliment as stated above if they even come at all.

Certainly Secondhand. or should that be Secondfoot. :D:D:D

As to reeds, normally changing reeds require no changes to jetting.

VF reeds are claimed to allow better air flow, which I do not dispute, but unless you change the avenue which allows air to them, I feel that no major jet changes should be required..

If one is concerned, a plug chop will verify.

i spent my vf4 money :( X(
on these I:I.......

6ih3f4.jpg

I got some nice tech 7's for christmas, I love alpinestars boots. But to be honest they are a bit more important than vf4's ;)

270220131264.jpg

I wanna get some vf4's (or 3's) to compliment my KOR work but they are just too darn expensive.

just ordered me a set of vforce 4s. they just shipped yesterday but i think they will be a great compliment to my KOR head and DIY porting. now that I made my blaster go faster I just gotta get the darn thing to stop! rear brakes are next on the list!!!!!