reed spacer now loss of power

blasterjarred

Sep 7, 2008
missiouri (booteheel)
well a couple weeks ago i chuged out my moter in a creak becoue my carb boot wont fit on right so i got a quadmod reed spacer its like .375 inch thick and i put it on along with a new plug and it fits perfict and theres no gap in my carb and boot but now when i ride it feels like theres less power and it sounds difrent what could the deal be?

well you did create more volume in the intake tract area.which in turn slowed down the intake velocity some..might have hurt velocity just enough to drop peak HP a little.not all setups like the reed spacers.

most 2 strokes that run the spacers are setup for bottom end or MX style riding.i know alot of peeps need to run the spacer for carb clearance issues also.v force helps more with topend power than other reeds..i run the v force on my 2strokes with no spacer..they are topend oriented setups though.if you dont need the spacer for clearance reasons i would not run it.

hmm ur boot shrunk?are you using the stock carb?should stay on.if your running a bigger carb you can use a dremel tool and take a little bit of meterial out so it stays in better.

yeah i know i was just saying maby thats what it feels not as powerful.....
because it smoothed it out...