Raptor 250 racing

slickerthanyou

Dec 23, 2009
My daughter will be turning sixteen this year and she would like to get into racing her 08 Raptor 250. I have no idea where to start or even take her to see some races. How do I get her started in this? I live in Pittsburgh so looking to stay reasonably close. I have no ATV racing experience either.B)

Well, flat track for starters. But going in a circle and no jumps or dips will get boring fast. Not sure again I'm new at this sort of thing. My daughter isn't scared of anything so i guess i should take her to at least one of each kind of race and let her decide. Sure would like to find someone who races and shadow them for a day or so.

search around put an ad up on craigslist asking about people that race and where the tracks are.....you prolly wanna pick one style of racing and get a setup going for that it could get spendy changing setups for diff kinds of racing.....

none the less man just do some research

I've been looking even asked my local yamaha dealer about it with no luck, They'll selll ya the parts you need however!!

I have found a few places, i just was curious if anyone on here close to the burgh, raced and i could go to the track(s) with them and gain so knowledge. Appriciate all responses.

hey bro, a quick search showed that we are in AMA district 5, found their website, and looks like there are some close by events, i'm seeing latrobe speedway for mx, and some hare scrambles listed, check it out......
District 5 Motorcycle Association > Home

i will also get with my young bro's who race gncc bikes, and a few local hare scrambles and see if they have any other info, but most are ama sanctioned so should be listed on that site

and lemme know if she decides to race any, i'd luv to come check that out.
i went to a few of their gncc races last year, even helped get the 14 yr old off the line, learned a ton, their season starts next month and theres a track in somerset pa. that they run, would be good to attend a race first to get a feel for it, we'll havta keep in touch about this

Last edited:
hey bro, a quick search showed that we are in AMA district 5, found their website, and looks like there are some close by events, i'm seeing latrobe speedway for mx, and some hare scrambles listed, check it out......
District 5 Motorcycle Association > Home

i will also get with my young bro's who race gncc bikes, and a few local hare scrambles and see if they have any other info, but most are ama sanctioned so should be listed on that site

and lemme know if she decides to race any, i'd luv to come check that out.
i went to a few of their gncc races last year, even helped get the 14 yr old off the line, learned a ton, their season starts next month and theres a track in somerset pa. that they run, would be good to attend a race first to get a feel for it, we'll havta keep in touch about this

For sure Joe! 1515151515151515

Up near harrisburg, there is the farm show building, i'm sure you heard of this right? well around this time every year they hold Motorama, and in the main stadium they have quad races, take her there once, it is a good place to get started.

Up near harrisburg, there is the farm show building, i'm sure you heard of this right? well around this time every year they hold Motorama, and in the main stadium they have quad races, take her there once, it is a good place to get started.

Nope never heard of it. I'll google it-Thanks

/\/\/\/\/\ almost forgot about the "tater", i definately plan on going down to the blair bedford dirt drags this season, and pleasure valley is like 10 minutes from me, but somehow i['ve never looked into the atv racing therem went to see my bro mx his ktm last year, gonna have to investigate the atv scene there

if you are ever over in the Ohio side let me know.. we race 1/2 mile flat track in Marion, Wapakonetta, and run short track at Galion, Harpster, and hopefully Lakeville This year. you can hang out with us all weekend at any of those places. and she can bring her blasty to the track and run lightweights with us. the more the merrier.

Me likey!!

if you are ever over in the Ohio side let me know.. we race 1/2 mile flat track in Marion, Wapakonetta, and run short track at Galion, Harpster, and hopefully Lakeville This year. you can hang out with us all weekend at any of those places. and she can bring her blasty to the track and run lightweights with us. the more the merrier.

I will do, But my daughter has a Raptor not a blasty.!

here is a flyer for you.. this is just a few of the many races that i will be attending this year..
marion10.jpg

i dont race but i looked into getting signed up with the local track just to ride when they have open practice. its a mx track and they said i had to have nerf bars and a pull off type tether for saftey. thats all i know though.