RANT!

'blanshee'man

Sep 15, 2008
Yep big rant, sorry i just needed an outlet haha. just Skip to the last paragraph or dont even bother reading haha it is alot

Well some of you may know that ive been experiencing some trouble with my blaster for the past 1.5-2 months.

I had my cylinder honed and had the shop order a new set of piston and rings to fit. Got it back put it together and did the break-in process. It seemed to run good but had a little mid range bog, but had a new carb for it so i really didnt bother with it. I put the new carb on and it would fill my pipe with oil and gas within a few kicks. That turned out to be the sheath of the cable getting all bound up. I put my stock carb on cause thats the only way it would not bind up.

It ran good for about 20 min then it would stall out and die. After this it would only run for about 5. I thought i was over heating because it wouldnt start until it cooled. I thought it mighta been my reeds so i got new ones, that didnt help. I checked everywhere for airleaks and blown gaskets, but nothing. I put a bigger jet in to compensate but it quickly came to me putting in a 360 main jet from a 300. I figured that was wayy to high so i borrowed my buddies carb and it ran perfect, no tuning needed for the few hot laps i took around my track. He gave me his spare to use. It ran good for the day and then the next day i could not get it start and when i could it did the same thing, run 5 min stall back fire and die.

Went to the shop, ask for some advise. Told me check my crank seals. And for cracks in the jug. Did and came up empty. Checked for blockages in my pipe, nothing. My neighbor chimed in saying i may have sediment in my gas tank. Pulled the petcock and it was full of sh*t. I cleaned it and douched the tank and carb several times. Tried starting it, ran better then did the same thing, so i cleaned again. Still no. He suggested i check my oil injection, so grasping at straws i did. The gear had a piece missing and would some times spin and others it would not. So i blocked it off and premixed. STILL no. I went to check my cdi for bad spark and my plug boot pulled off the wire. So i cut in alittle for a good connection. That helped but it still back fired and died.

Called the shop for more advise. Said check for a grounding wire. So i did and i found several chafed wires grounding on the frame, fixed them and still no. Still thinking electrical i went to the shop and got a blaster motor that had a broken piston and a hole in a case, for 18$. Went to pull the stator and realized that i need a puller and i dont have one. So for sh*ts and giggles i threw on the jug from spare motor, cause it was spotless and pristine. i kicked it until it started and it runs great. The f*cking f*ckface sh*tpants down at the shop lied to me about it being well with in spec for the piston and rings. And i believed him cause i asked him about every time i went down there.

And now after jetting i'm down in the 240-250 range for a main jet (the plug is a perfect card board brown). Its kinda bothering me cause i have a CFM air box with uni filter, a 26mm carb, vf3 reeds, tons of compression and a dyno-port big volume pipe, but whatever its reading perfect and running great now.

:D I feel better

sounds like you had some fun checking everything out! nice to hear its running good after all the headache's

haha thanks guys i really happy its running again too! i just needed to get that outta my system. And now i know that thing inside and out too lol. ya that has to be the reason blasterman lol

haha and i ended up with my tors and oil injection blocked off and i simplified my wiring harness down to just a few wires I:I

i wanna start seeing you answer other peeps problems on here , now that your an expert troubleshooter, i've learned quite a few things the hard way too!!!!