race a blaster or 250x?

blasterman87

Nov 17, 2008
what does everyone think would make for a better race machine? a 02 blaster or 91 250x? i want to run a few races this year (mx) and want to know wich would be more competitive in the 200-300cc class?

yeah, in a drag i know the blaster will win i just rode them both, but im wondring about suspension and all around racability ..lol if thats a word

250x's have torque up the ass, but not much else. Good topend too, but they are sketchy to ride and shift. Plus suspension is worse than blaster suspension....

I'd go with the blaster. port the cylinder, get a carb and pipe and some good shocks. With that combination the blaster will be the better choice

I have raced against a 88 250x with near some bolt on mods in a 1/8th mile and slaughtered it by 6 lengths, didn't know the guy though so I cant say if it was rider or bike that killed his chances and we never lined up again that day. I have rode one several times and it just feels like a baby warrior almost. A lot of low end grunt but mid to high end thud.

yeah my blasty has a few mods like pipe, uni filter,400ex shock,timing advance,vitos pro stock kit,reeds, and the 250x has a pipe/jetted/filter, really nice razrs and maier race plastic for looks..lol

mild bolt on.. the 250x seems like it would responde better on smaller tighter tracks.. you have a sh*t ton of low end power to pull out of the corners

and honestly i think the 250x has better suspension.. il report back on the next sunday after i go ride the trails...

im stil hurtin from riding the wifes blaster and its been 2 days!! so well see how my body feels after riding the same trails on the 250x

Well stock I think we all pretty much agree both quads suck for mx. It really comes down to which quad is more comfortable for you to ride. Your gonna spend about the same amount of money modding each one to get it pimped out.

The blaster tends to sit higher and I feel like I'm leaning forward alot. The 250x is alot more comfortable for me to ride it feels more laid back and when standing for jumps I feel more balanced on it than the blaster.

i have very little seat time on the 250x so far, but the lil bit i have it does feel like im sittin lower and back more which makes it more comfortable, and wheelies feel the same my 250x comes up just as easy as my old blaster and my wifes blaster,

Reactions: Cmh156
it's kinda funny...

the stock blaster suspension is way hard...
and the stock 250x is way to soft...

so it's your choice lol

Reactions: Cmh156
im not gunna lie when you get to the tracks there are some worked blasters i would race the blaster i love mine it has great power throughout the track and it never gets boring i cant wait to see how a 450 pulls on the track=p