Quick jetting question

Zbskater400

Aug 8, 2013
Massachusetts
So in a few days I'm going to be doing a rebuild just because I want to I actually just did a top end rebuild in July nothing is wrong I just wanna do it before anything bad happens. I'm not gonna buy any oversized pistons or. +3 , or +4 stroker crank I'm keeping it stock bore sizes but I am going to be using quality parts I'm gonna but a Wiseco piston kit stock bore size and a Vito's stuffer crank again stock bore size. Also I am going to be buying Vforce reeds and toomeys I would like to know the recommend jet size I've never jetted but I know how I just would like to know what size jet or "jets" I should run with all this !? Thank you :)

Before you order the forged piston you should have the cylinder bore measured to see if it will suit the piston.

Forged pistons are very fussy what size bore they like to be put into, the bore is usually machined to fit the piston.

Why not stay with the old piston if it is within specs.

You already have the best crank that is available in the stock item.

As for jets one has to know all mod that have been done, temperature and elevation also is needed to arrive at a suggested jet size range

Depending on the above you could be looking at anything between #280 and #320 main jet.

Pilot will be the same and the needle should stay in the middle clip.

I agree with blaaster, make 100% sure before purchasing a forged piston, they expand differenty compared to cast (oem) pistons. Cylinder will probably have to be honed/bored to suit piston.

Im sure there may be some flack over this but wiseco forged piston isnt necessairly the best piston. Its really a matter of preferance. There are advantages and disandvantages to both. You may want to put your $ elswhere like, possibly just new rings if everything else in in spec, and use the rest for any other potential upgrades you would want. I understand when you say you want to rebuild before anything happens, but thats what leak tests and compression tests are for.

i have never had a piston break on me it was always the crank and yes i prefer oem cast or a cast piston. yes forged is stronger but is it really going to break. i dont think so people do a lot of dumb stuff to there toys and also dont maintence them enough......peace