question question

blast3r06

Mar 8, 2010
spotsylvania virginia
so i blew the rings out of my 06 blaster took it to a machine shop they said it was fine the cylinder wall wasnt hurt so i bought a weisco piston stock size to put back in it in the instructions it says if the cylinder has an exhaust bridge you have to drill holes in the piston how do i know if it has a exhaust bridge or does the 2006 have one at all the factory piston doesnt have holes in it trying to get it back together tonite been down for months to much working help so i can get back in the woods

Blaster cylinders don't have an exhaust bridge. Theres just one big hole for the exhaust gases to go out of.

Yup, no bridge. All (factory ported) Blasters have a single, undivided exhaust port. Like everyone's saying, disregard that part of the instructions. Be sure to check your carburetor jetting before firing up your newly-rebuilt engine. There's a reason those original rings blew.

Don't forget to do a leak-down on her aswell, I didn't have a leak-down tester and thought...screw it. Now I have a bad set of rings and a motor that has to come apart again!