Question on rebuilding my motor

blasterking22

Mar 14, 2009
Ok I jsut had my motor suposibly rebuilt by somebody which I dont think did a damn thing to it really but now my motors locked up so ive tooken everything off of it but i cant seem to split the motor and i dont know why can somebody help me out here........

the cases were probably sealed with gasket sealant. it hold pretty well. use a rubber mallet and tap on it a little

also if it is siezed up your pistons could be foze in the cylinders which will make it harder to pull apart. pour a lil 2 stroke oil down the cylinder to help free it up a bit. i had that problem on a shee. one cylinder froze up. due to the heat my piston was in there at a slight angle and it wouldnt let me seperate the cylinders from the cases.

just be careful. you dont want to scare your cylinders anymore then they might already be.

stupid question but im new at rebuilding motors ive had my blaster for about two years tho.....but when ever the motor locked up the shirt on my piston borke off into a bunch of peices what can that cause.......would any of those peices maybe have jammed my motor????

very well could have. those peices could have even fallen into the case and cause further damage. do a good look over on your crank as well.

yeah the pieces were prably left in the bottom of the motor and when the new piston was put in and you ran it, the pieces locked it up.. try takind the head and cylinder off, turn the bottom end upside down (i just turned the whole bike upside down) and use an air nozzle to spray uo into the case, if theres anything in there it might blow it out and save you the trouble of splitting the cases, ive done this before

i would pull the cases apart just to make sure. nothing like putting 500 bucks into a rebuild and find a small piece of your piston was left in a crevice in your case and it blew it up again. its worth the extra 30 minutes if that to do so.

thats true, if you had the old piston and could see a what was missing it would deffinatly work though... i found a washer inside a bottom end before, it kept getting stuck on the crank at bdc and the people i got if off of told me it was locked up... dummies

i had this same problem my piston broke and i had pieces in my bottom end i just took the whole motor off the bike and turned the bottom end upside down and ended up spraying like 4 cans of brake and parts cleaner in it to get all the pieces out and mine dont have any pieces left in it and ran good

take some diesel/ kerosene mix,dump it in the top of the cylinder and let it sit for about an hour then blow it out with an air hose, this will clean any sh*t in there, this is the best cleaner you could ever use. and to split it just tap it with a rubber mallet, that sealant is a biotch, it is strong as sh*t, you will jut have to mash it good but don't want to screw anything up at the same time. be careful

lol thats whats pissed me off i did pay somebody 500 dollars to rebuild it.....so i guess ill try it again but ive got both sides of it off and its off the frame and ive drained all the oil out and there wasnt any peices of metal or alumium in my oil so im just hoping its not to bad.......but once i took off the sides the crank sproket and my shift peddel thing is there any thing else i need to take off???

theres one peice on the left side that i cant get off because my motor is locked what do i do i dont know what that peice is called tho

me either i know i probably sound like an idiot but like i said ive been riding for a while but never really gotten into the motor until now so im learning