Quadzilla

ZoMbIeCuStOmS

Apr 7, 2010
hey here is a question for all you oldtimers and experts out there has anyone ever owned or ridden for any length of time the fabeled QUADZILLA just curious because it seems to me like it would be one heck of a machine and fast as Ill get out at anyrate just curious

i know sheeblast just picked one up and his brother motoman has a lt250r quadzilla hybrid, a lt 20 frame with a lt 500 engine, i have heard that reliablility is a issue, but in my opinion the owner is the main benefactor of the reliablilty, i wanna get one some day, but they'r rare to find in good shape and verrry expensive when in good shape

true they are a bit expensive but honestly you can get one for around 1800 bucks in great shape and I agree the reliability is all up to the handlebar extension I.E. the rider

true they are a bit expensive but honestly you can get one for around 1800 bucks in great shape and I agree the reliability is all up to the handlebar extension I.E. the rider

yeah bro, i'd talk to sheeblast and motoman, and don't let sheeblast be a douche and fool ya, hes just a dick

i had a zilla for a long time, just got another this weekend.
the 87 had some problems, but i didn't have much with mine, just the normal sh*t that would go wrong with an older quad. it is powerful, will wear your arms out if you are a pussy. you have to hang one when WOT.
mine would go around 85-90mph, stock they go just a hair under 80mph.
they eat up carrier bearings and swingarm bearings.
the 87 had headgasket problems and thrust washer problem.

just look it over before you buy one. might be getting another one soon.

Pretty much any of the older Suzuki's eat carrier and swingarm bearings, anything on the LT platform. My LT230 had the same problem, except it barely did 50mph and took it's time getting there. Motor was indestructible though.

The quadzillas I've seen go for $1500 in "decent" shape. Stock original condition, and moving under it's own power. Ones in "nice" shape, or with any kind of mods I've seen go for $2500-$3000. There was one near me that had a blown up motor, he was asking $1000 and got it the next day....they definitely hold value.

i want !
7797873.jpg

I like my LT. Good power and torque. The head gasket issue can be fixed. The 87's were the worse for the head gasket because they only have 6 head studs (88-90 have 7). A copper head gasket can be bought that helps and the studs can be increased to 10mm. My cylinder is an 88 with a copper head gasket and 10mm studs. I don't have to worry about the gasket blowing out. A 500 two stroke sounds sweet too.

stock suspension on the zillas was actually very good, they come with ohlins. only problem they are over 20 years old and you cant rebuild the fronts. so they are usually blown or very wore out. if you get a zilla and want to keep it, i would suggest getting a different swingarm, usually around $400, and some cheap shocks elka. also make sure your headgasket is good and you have RM thurst washer in there.these will help check it running better and not destroy parts that easy.

whoaaaa, for once good info without being a dick, is this the new sheeblast ???,
or just something he enjoys talkin about seriously, ???? maybe just a blaster thing that brings out his worst ????

you didn't read it all, i throw in a couple demeaning lines in my first post. just have to pay attention.