Potato Guns

MXmaineiac67

Feb 28, 2008
Just made one really quick...

I took a windshield washer fluid bottle, melted a hole in the cap, stuck a piece of copper pipe in, drilled a hole in the bottom of the bottle sprayed a lil tag in, loaded the ammo (stuck the pipe through a piece of tater, then lit the end of the bottle and almost took my damn hand off!! :"> my thumb hurts soooo f*cking bad right now :(

make it out of pvc pipe put a spark plug in the bottom run wires from a battery or electric source fill with oxygen and setaline now that sh*ts fun

I like the compressed air powered ones the best myself, easy to build and a lot safer, more reliable, and generally more powerful too. Me and my buddies have a whole arsenel of them. We started out with a smaller one with a 3/4" barrel to shoot the little starlite dinner mints, works good enough to send a mint through a coffee can if you hit it just right.

The biggest one we have is actually an over/under with a 4" chamber, 3" barrel, and the whole thing stands over 6 feet tall. It takes 2 people to aim and fire it because it's size. It'll lob a can of beer/soda/bottles of water, etc a couple hundred yards accurately which can do some impressive damage. One time I nearly broke my collar bone trying to fire it myself with 3 cans of diet cola in the barrel, good stuff. It doesn't just shoot a little plug of potato, it shoots the whole damn potato. I think it actually qualifies as a cannon.

Check out this monster, that's laying on an 8 foot picnic table.

9592ff96f870fafaa51dff62ed22ff0e.jpg

nice work i seen one out of metal that shoot frac balls which are big steel balls it was neat although scary the guy had it on the back or a big tractor and shot it and it about lifted the tracker nuts sh*t

The sight of a full can of soda hitting a nissan sentra at about 50 feet away out of this cannon is just... priceless. When the cans hit they just completely explode into a mist and a few pieces of flattened out aluminum. Once we shot one of the nerf footballs out of it and it went over the treeline and was never seen again.

With our smallest one I shot a fiberglass whip flag pole 6 inches into a tree, that was cool.

We also have one that was designed to lob golf balls at the highest speed possible. The barrel is 8 feet, the tank was another 6 feet, and it did some serious damage. If you hit the same spot twice you can actually get a golf ball to go through a car door. We lost all our golf balls though, and the ricochets were really dangerous, golf balls really like to bounce back at ya.

lol, lets see some videos! i have one with a 3" chamber and 2" barrel. also 3 homemade blackpowder cannons. one shoots AA batteries, i made it into a little trailer with skateboard wheels and tow it around behind a remote control RSX. one shoots D batteries. both battery cannons will embed the battery completely into the walnut tree in the backyard. and then i have one that shoots golfballs.

dam, but the look on some's face is priceless when they see a soda can going thru their door then seeing two ppl with a cannon on their shoulders xD