possible new banshee.

I don't think it'll ever happen. Yamaha would have to design a 5 or 6 speed gear box for it and it'd just be a bigger yfz450. Also, I don't think they'd release an 80 hp quad to the public, too much of a liability issue. Back in the day when honda quit making the 250r there were rumors about how they were going to bring it back because there was such a high demand for them, but of course they never did.

That would be so sweet. Hopefully they don't take the banshee name and destroy it with a p.o.s. They better do a good job.

There would be a lot of work involved if they did it, unless they left it as a CVT. Theyd have to work in a gear box which will make the motor heavier and bigger, and change some other things. Itd be awesome if they started putting sled motors in quads. Think about 800cc 150-160hp stock quads screaming around. I doubt any of it will happen, but its very possible. I cant imagine how fast it would go though. The Phazer is just a entry sled so its not very fast, maybe 80 or so. You lose some weight, go to tires instead of a track, and add a gearbox maybe and you could probably see 90 or so. Im sure there is a huge liability problem though with releasing a quad that could be very fast and powerful, but reliable and efficient. Maybe quads will start coming from the factory with Fox or Ohlins shocks and high performance clean 2 strokes. Heck, even Yamaha offers a sled that you can adjust the rear shock by pushing a button on the bars. Id say for now thats just a dream.

if they do, I hope they dont call it a banshee.....

the quit making the quad.... so they should retire the name......

they have been saying this a while now ,its old news .really its only 80 at the crank so maybe 60 by the time it gets through the tranny and the rear end ,my trail banshee has more power than that .it wont have the explosive accleration like a she has ,the short stroek is good for something ,it will have twice the moving parts to go wrong and its power is grossly exaggerated ,dollar for dollar size for size mod for mod NOTHING beats a banshee design properly setup .even the new 4cylinder crotch rockets have tried and failed . a modifed* 350 will crush that qaud if it ever makes production.there are true 350's that run a flat 10 in the qaurter@130 mph flat 6 in the 1/8 and 3.77 seconds in 300 feet ..an entry level phazer has no hope of getting near those numbers probably even with a turbo and nitrous

f*cking garbage is all i can say, they wil put a 9000 dollar price tag on it, people will buy it and be dissapointed. end of story, should of bought a older shee.

The funny thing is, the article says " This is what the die hard banshee fans have been waiting for"......NO what banshee fans want is a return of a 350-400cc twin 2stroke with modern technology like direct injection in a yfz 450 frame.

Dirt wheels ran this article two years ago, it even made the cover
DSCF0254.jpg