Possible Clutch Problem?

K1ng3hitt1826

Mar 3, 2017
I have a 2002 Blaster. I just put a new clutch cable on it, but the piece that connects to the clutch cable seems to turn without doing anything. The picture isn't from mine, but it looks exactly the same. It seems to rotate pretty easily and doesn't engage the clutch. Could a new clutch kit fix this? (Sorry for the lack of knowledge, I am new to this).

Attachments

• IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 139
Did you place both cables side by side to make sure they are the same length and bits in same locations?

Also the part that turn without doing anything are you talking about the clutch arm? Are you talking about the part in green circle?
IMG_0917.jpg

Did you happen to pull this shaft out at any time?

Yes the cable is the same length. And yes, the clutch arm you have circled. It is like it has no pressure or spring back when it is pulled. Never took it out though.

Here are pictures of mine if it helps

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    990.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 2.png
    2.png
    895.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 3.png
    3.png
    866.1 KB · Views: 135
if your try to fix a clutch problem with a new cable
and you still have same problem theeeennn.
it is not the cable.
what do you have for clutch perch and lever?
you can move the clutch arm/actuator whatever you want to call it
with your hand or pliers if you really want to check it from fully opened to closed.
why is carb/flywheel cover off just curious?

if your try to fix a clutch problem with a new cable
and you still have same problem theeeennn.
it is not the cable.
what do you have for clutch perch and lever?
you can move the clutch arm/actuator whatever you want to call it
with your hand or pliers if you really want to check it from fully opened to closed.
why is carb/flywheel cover off just curious?
I was cleaning the carb. It wasn't taken care of well. The flywheel cover is off because it was spray painted and I'm removing the paint. My main question is, will a new clutch kit fix this. I don't want to start throwing new parts on it and hope it works. And everything on it is stock still. Not sure if that answers your question for clutch perch and lever.

not really sure what the problem is or what you are asking?
have you had it running rode it with new cable?
shifted or rode it at all?
too vague of text
free service manual
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads...ervice-and-owner-manuals-free-download.17325/

watch this video on how to service the clutch
it will explain everything if you have any issues with clutch
if your still confused after watching this/reading through manual all the typing in the world is not going to help you:D

If the actuator arm is lined up, lever has correct amount of free play, then drop off the other side case. You'll have to adjust it from there.

The clutch looks intimidating to work on, but is fairly simple. I'll have to get pics up for you, but when the case if off, on the pressure plate you'll see a screw and a nut that sticks out about 1 inch. It might take 2 people to get it dialed in. From there, you'll have to play with the nut/bolt screwing it in and out until the clutch is back to normal

Did you check the adjustment rod? I just had the same problem and tightened that and it seems to be engaging although I haven't put it back together yet