please help

vwjetta2l4

Apr 26, 2009
bangor, pa
www.myspace.com
ok i bought an 01 blaster from a guy at work. it had no top end i purchase a top end that was bored .020 over put a piston in it and a set of boyeson power reeds. i have spark, fuel, and air but it will not start to save my life. it doesnt even sound like it wants to start. i took the head back off and noticed that there was fuel on top of the piston and that the reeds were drenched in it. is this an oversized jet issue? the jet in the carb is a #230 i read somewhere else that maybe i should put in a #160. does that sound right? i really want to ride this thing but it is kicking my butt. please help.

yeah it might be a float issue, your float might be stuck open,check the carb and see if the floats are set right, what kind of carb, the keihin carbs use the 100's and the mikunis are like 230, if it has a 230, which is stock jet it is mikuni

yeah the carb is a mikuni and the reed petals are seperated from the actually reeds im not sure if they sould be like that im not really a 2 stroke guy lol this is only my second 2 stroke ive owned but they arent cracked or anything