Please Help Going on a big ride but bike dont run right!!

1995blaster

Jul 30, 2009
Here is my mods
Lrd pipe and silencer
Cfm airbox with uni filter cleaned and oiled!
boyesen radvalve

I ran my bike lean becuase of a leaky base gasket and lost compression but caught it before the cyl or piston was damaged but rings were almost gone. I put a new set of rings on, Gaskets and a used radvalve.
I leak down tested it was good, I was running a 300 main jet before when it was hot out outside so i put in a 310 since it was gonna get cold and needed to jet up. Well it ran like crap it would bog and cut out and not revv to the moon like a 2 stroke should. So i figured i was way rich so i took off the air box lid and went down to a 300, did the same thing but not as bad but still not goood at all. I put a new plug in when i dropped main jet sizes and just drove around the yard a lil bit and then pulled the plug and it wasnt black just gas covered.

What you thinking? should i go down to a 290 and see what happens?

throw your old reedcage on and see what happens when running the same jets as before it fried the rings

heres what i remember....noobs was running a 3mm stroker, with prolly way more porting than i, same f7 pipe, but was running very close jets to me, in the same carb,
i think he should have been running bigger jets then me, but that boysen was holding him back, i had vf3's
possibly that boysen is restricting the flow enuf to need leaner jetting ??? he said it screamed on the bottom and mids

i didnt wanna take off the intake manifold becuase i didnt wanna pull the exhaust and all to do a leak down test so i stuck my fingers in there and they are all intact and seem to not be stuck open.
I put a 290 main jet in it and it helped out alot except at the very top rpm's where the powerband kicks in. The air screw is 1.5 turns out btw.

try a 270, and you'll see that rad valve isnt fowing as much as even stock reedcages "up top"

throw it in there, i bet it runs better, then plug chop

Okay ill try it. IF you dont mind check back in for me in about an hour to see the results i gotta take the whole air box off and all BUT i gotta eat first lmao

why do you need to remove the airbox ?????

and "i don't feel like removing the pipe" is the best excuse to not leak test and fry sh*t !!!!!!!

It wont let me twist the carb since the tors box is on there.
And i did a leak down test when i put it together but didnt wanna pull the intake off and check the reeds so i just stuf my finger in there and looked down to make sure things were good, and ready to roll.

The rad valve directions say to go up two sizes on the main, let me see if i can scrap that up... But i agree that it is more restrictive than a stock cage! The Vf2 and 3's are the same way more restrictive than the stock IMO. But they get ya out front and that's what counts!

i completely disagree with all of that
why cannot anyone see...8 petals versus 4 = twice the surface area ???????
rad valve = paper weight
all i can say is ..."bring it"

I knew u would and always will! I'm still a searchin, I know I kept them! But doesn't matter, If ya think about it a stock cage has approx 2" sqaure opening, the rad valve and the vforces with the plastic insert both have a 1.25" opening before it hits the reeds surfaces. 2" or 1.25" which is bigger ya old fart! I think you need some alcohol persuasion molson style!

yeah id go with 290 since its getting cold out,thats what mine is kinda doing in a way but mines back fireing and not hitting the power band,so gotta rejett it.

the intake size your talking, is the same as the motor size of the carb, and we ported the vf's to exact intake size, the smallest point in the equation
so that 2" does not matter, the intake is smaller
the reed area is double on the vf's and IS what matters
and rad co. can suck it, noobs running the same jetting as i, on a way more modded motor, and 95's having to go down in jet size tells the true story

Last edited:
the intake size your talking, is the same as the motor size of the carb, and we ported them to exact intake size, the smallest point in the equation
so that 2" does not matter,
the reed area is double on the vf's and IS what matters
and rad co. can suck it, noobs running the same jetting as i, on a way more modded motor, and 95's having to go down in jet size tells the true story
fuggin paperweights, but appluad the defending of your waste of money
i should have bought this one from noobs, so i could cash it in for scrap aluminum, it's only worth

Hey can't kill a brutha for tryin!!!

would die for my brutha, but "trying" what ?????