PlastiDip

ddq

Apr 28, 2012
Tillery, NC
I went to Home Depot the other day and bought a can of PlastiDip. Its a spray on rubber coating and I wanted to try it on my wheels. I put 3 coats on the front wheels of my banshee and Im about to do it to the wheels on my blaster. Im also thinking about trying the plastics. It held up much better on wheels than spray paint, even after pressure washing. Since its flexible, I think it will be fine on the fenders. Ill post an update with pics after I do the plastic. I highly recommend this for anyone wanting to paint wheels. As far as I know, its only available in black at home depot.

Plasti Dip Protective Coating Products | Plasti Dip Protective Coating Products | Rubber Dip Coating

422279_10150546695641333_501806332_9364874_1964409304_n.jpg

Reactions: yamaha28
My buddy used bed liner on his A arms on his banshee mixed in some blue automotive paint looks cool and they can take a beating they still look the same as the day he did them.

be a good idea if your fine with the plasti dip on the surface you want, clear coat it after, if you dont like it, just peel it off. but clear coating afterwards prevents any chips or spots that would be prone to easy peeling

To update....

I coated my rear fenders and the fender flares on my truck. I have not had a chance test the fenders yet.

IMG_6204.jpg

IMG_6599.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

You can get plastidip in other colors, but they have to custom order it for ya.

I'm just bumping this because my dad uses it all the time.

Here's a trick: If you want any other color besides black use white plastidip as a base and then spray paint over it with the color you want. It lasts very long. I know this because my dad used to powder coat and it was so messy he got tired of it and started using plastidip. If you get tired of the color you can always peel it off since the plastidip is the first thing you spray on. Here's my dad's bike in plastidip. He sprayed low gloss clear spray paint over it.
:)

I'm just bumping this because my dad uses it all the time.

Here's a trick: If you want any other color besides black use white plastidip as a base and then spray paint over it with the color you want. It lasts very long. I know this because my dad used to powder coat and it was so messy he got tired of it and started using plastidip. If you get tired of the color you can always peel it off since the plastidip is the first thing you spray on. Here's my dad's bike in plastidip. He sprayed low gloss clear spray paint over it.
:)

That bike looks very nice I:I

Reactions: Arties93blaster
:Doooh man i love tht mat black plastic dip look i have extra plastics i wanna try it on ,i sprayed my other plastic and cut them looks amazing but not as good as the dip

I love this stuff, redoing a blaster for my stepson for Christmas and sprayed the plastics matte black:

4b23f3e77e10f7aae0d5ab3f365766ff_zpsa54198f0.jpg

Did our cart in anthracite metallic:
bb55e689061defe91bd7cf9ba4c7dbe3_zps91bdbae9.jpg

Wheels trim grill etc on my navigator:
DF86C9A5-BDE6-4AD9-A479-B0648CEE25EF-8784-00000A2D7831E8E1_zpsd35603ce.jpg

I've done lots of other projects with it as well, also getting ready to spray my bagged neon electric lime green with a green metallizer top coat.