picked up a blaster cheap

driftmafia

Jun 9, 2008
niles, MI
i just picked up this 2001 blaster for... ready for this $350!!!
it runs great and came with a bunch of parts nerf bars, full fmf pipe, aluminum grab bar, douglas wheels with holeshots, hydraulic rear brake setup, extra set of shocks, and i also got the stock wheels and tires and stock exhaust. all it needed was a swing arm and carrier, which i have already got along with a whole other complete blaster frame for free..woo hoo
now for some pics..
cars529.jpg

cars530.jpg

cars531.jpg

cars534.jpg

cars535.jpg

cars537.jpg

thanks guys, yea it deffinatly needs a cleaning and mike there moose bars but they might as well be bicycle bars. ive got plans for it so its gonna get stripped for powdercoat, the guy that does my powdercoating has a wicked blaster ill post up some pics when i get the time.

well i got my rear brakes done today the master cylinder i got with it was junk so i ended up using the master cylinder, resivior, and caliper off of a kawasaki kfx400. it works great, ill get some pics of the setup tomorrow. im impressed with how nice i made it look..lol

here are some pics of my hydraulic rear brake setup, its pretty simple and would be relitively easy to replicate if you wanted to.

cars543.jpg

carsz.jpg

and yes i know its still dirty as hell...lol

oh im planning on putting alot into it..lol, eventually its getting widened stretched, powder coated everything, disk front brakes, 240 kit, and i havent decided on what plastics to go with yet, and the list goes on, ill keep posting updates as i make progress on it.

i dont plan on getting rid of the nerfs but if i do ill let you know.
But anyways i got my swingarm carrier and axle put together today, i sprayed the swingarm with spray on bedliner so it should be pretty durable, and i also put on powder coated black footpegs....its getting there I:I

cars547.jpg

cars548.jpg

cars551.jpg

well i was out ripping up some trails today when one of my reeds decided to give out, i had to push it a good half mile through sand to get it to where we could load it up in a truck it sucked, ive already got new ones on the way..ahh the perks of working at a cycle repair shop..haha