Parking brake block off

Larry's Shee

Technician
May 23, 2009
Ortskaville, MI
Having installed Warrior rear caliper I wanted a block off without spending money. I:I

First remove assembly from caliper , disassemble it completly, removing round piece from gold center section and inside of housing. Next clean inside of housing and gold piece well. Put gold piece inside of housing and mark it for cutting. Cut it just shorter of your mark just enough that it will not stick out of housing when done, aproxamatly 7/8 or 21mm off.
Next cut bracket that holds cable flush with face of housing , level/even with mounting bolt surface. If you feel creative you can round off what is left to make it prettier.
I used a 16mm long bolt for assembly. Start by sealing gold piece to housing. I used some three bond. RTV, permatex, JB Weld would also work. Use a washer bigger than hole in housing for bolt, I used red loctite on bolt, and will use it on 2 mounting bolts to caliper. I will use three bond on housing as I lost the gasket.

Hmm, 43 views not one ? or comment. Well considering I'm gonna do the same thing to the son's Banshee. I'll have him take some pics and post them up for me. Maybe should have posted in custom fab I:I