Not much yet but still, it's a 500

bansheedave

Nov 4, 2010
received_10203518027933059.jpeg

Reactions: harley1-5
And if I find a yfz450 to put it in, I'll be happy. I'll be spending money on it to get it repaired and buy missing parts, but I think in the end, it will be worth it.

Kx500,, that would be a sweet swap in an ole Kawasaki Tecate. Spill the beans Dave are you a Kawi fan ?

Are you going to have the engine worked over? Ken probably knows his way around on it ;)

Or did you plan to be alive still after riding it? Haha

I plan to have the motor worked on. It blew up at some point in time. The head shows some nasty past history. It's missing a head stud. Looks like it pulled out taking all the treads. So I will remove them all and probably put cr500 studs in it. The cylinder shows no signs of any port work. I think that will change. It has a sleeve in it and needs a bore to clean the rust up. Not sure what the current bore is. the spring retainers on the cylinder have worn threw which is typical so those need to be welded and drilled out. She needs work, but I'm willing to show her some love.

Reactions: Awk08
I could buy a running motor, but I don't want to spend $2200 on one. For a grand more I could buy a complete bike but don't want to break a running bike either. So, if anyone is wondering why I'm going this route, it's the most logical.

Reactions: jus_me