No Top End Power

Charxz

Aug 18, 2014
Quebec
Hi guys, i was having a low end power issue, so i cleaned my carb, . The main jet was fine and the other one was just dirty, ... Put it all back together and low power issue was fix but now it's stuck with no high end power at all ... ( Like the main jet was not working ) .... If i ride at like 40 mph and i down shift to 3gears, i can't push some gaz cause it's stalling..

I really wonder if it's has anything to do with my top screw on the carb ( to put back the throdle niddle in ) is striper and won't tight to the buttom....

Any ideas ?

(Sorry my english is bad :p )

If the carb cap has the threads stripped, it is possible that you may have an air leak there!

It would pay not to ride it anymore until it is fixed because a lean mixture may fry the piston!

Thank! Il try to redo the thread with magic and put some Teflon at the same time see if it fix the problem

I'll do some test tonight, like I said, I used to have no low torque at all... And I was only having full power after like 30 min of riding, before that it is really sloppy... .. Again I hope cleaning the carb did fix that, just have to fix the thread.

FIXED ! .,...... Redneck way, im gonna get a new carb and trottle carble with the cap though, cause i feel this setup is a upcomming disaster ^ ^

But hey, working really good ! :p

Attachments

• IMG_20140822_223225.jpg
    IMG_20140822_223225.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 185
I just come from a 5 hours ride (mostly trails) And really worked fine ( I am really suprise )

But i was thinking just geting a new carb.... I am running the stock one, and yeah it's time for an upgrade i think.

I got fmf pipe, im ported ( don't remember how much though ) im running a 12/40 sproket set up ( love the acceleration ) Weisco racing piston...

I love redneck setup tbh, .... Should i get somthing like this ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-intak...Parts_Accessories&hash=item35ced929d1&vxp=mtr

Or that's super cheap and my motor will explode o_O

Last edited by a moderator: