NEw to the QUAD world, help me out here..

kbbrown123

Mar 17, 2009
Henry County GA
Alright so im new to this whole deal. A buddy had a blaster engine he gave me came across a good deal on a "rolling frame" so i figured what the hell i'll give it a try howeve I got it home and found all kind of fun problems. All the brake cables are seized probably the clutch and throttle as well(replace?), took the swingarm off to find all the bearings/bushings/seals etc in pieces/dust, the carrier bearing seems to make a weird noise when i just spin it around(need new bearing kit?). Now to the engine- the carb cap is off not sure what pieces may be missing, the oil pump is still on the motor but the tubes have just been removed(problem?), the guy said the motor runs I got my fingers crossed =)).

The guy i got the engine from went ahead and gave me a set of a-arms with tires and the whole brake/hub set up, a rear axle with tires and carrier bearing(making a noise but not quite a true "grinding" not sure how to explain) and a bare frame cuz the other one kinda rusty. Im just takin parts and rebuilding from ground up. I keep finding new parts i need, im mainly worried about the motor/carb and where im gonna go with the carb like i said I dont know if its missing pieces or not. I have no idea what i may have gotten into, im mechanically inclined just never owned a quad let alone rebuild one but im hopin one day it will come alive. Like i said im new to this whole quad world and forum so ANY help/comments/suggestions/tips/hints/anything is GREATLTY appreciated. This is my first post, this site is awesome and i know i can find help here. So keep it real and share your knowledge, thanks to all. PEACEI:II:I

U can but the carb cap from rjatv just google him. this will also eliminate the tors( throttle over ride.) it will also come with throttle cable. u will need the spring that hooks on the cable under the cap. tell ya what go to this site and and u can look through the items and see what u need. but dont by from there tooo much money...hope this helps
http://www.powerpartsplus.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx
and when u find out what u are missing call this guy
http://www.rjatv.com/

yeah if you need a new swinger i will sell you my stock one, as i am putting my +3 on as soon as i get my extended brake cable.

ok, have you popped the head off to look at the walls?rings? i mean we really can't help until you tell us what you have done so far as inspection of the motor, you will have to get the motor running and see if the oil inj motor has been removed, if it has just plug the holes, if not get the inj block off kit from ebay. cheap. rebuild the carb, you can buy the cap for the carb with the throttle cable, tors removal from ebay, its like 20 bux, if i was you i would lube everything up and see how it acts then, if it still makes noise, replace the bearings. hope this helps, and rebuild the carb completely, check float height, check and see if slide works properly, what jets in it? mods at all?