new to blasters need help

adnohxrblast

Jun 15, 2013
traverse city, michigan
Hello to everyone...I just picked up my first blaster, im not new at all to motorsports tho. Ive had honda quads, bikes, polaris sportsman, and currently have an xr400 and now my blaster.
Anyway after buying the blaster off my buddy I took it for a ride and it runs rough in the middle to upper rpms, ive done spark and compression checks on it. I was told its bored .30 over, has reeds, reed spacer, fmf hold series exhaust...the part that im worried about is my carb and jetting. It has an oko 30m carb and im not sure what jets yet. Based on the aftermarket parts can anyone tell me a recommended jetting setting? Any help here would be greatly appriciated...ill post pics when i figure out how!

Remember to get information on which needle someone is using with their jetting. You could get good plug chops at WOP throttle with the right main but have poor performance and possibly cause engine damage if you're rich or lean in the mid-range from a different needle. With the OKO 30mm being sold for so many different applications by different sellers and manufacturers, I wouldn't assume they all come with the same needles.

found in another thread.....

Guess it's time to update- Now that I have it running good!

1) what carb do you have??? OKO 30MM

2) What type of aftermarket exhaust do you have? Powerpros full exhaust

3) What type of airfilter do you have? UNI pod 2 stage

4) What kind of air box set up do you have?? CFM Style

5) What size pilot jets are you using? 52 Pilot like this best!

6) What size main jets are you using? 158 Main

7) What needle position? 3rd clip (middle)

call carb parts warehouse for needle suggestion and purchase.....
Carburetor Parts Warehouse