New to Blasters have problem

tooslow

Oct 20, 2012
Hello everyone I am new to Blasters and 2- strokes all together other than chainsaw and weed eaters, so I know nothing about Blasters.

I bought a 88 blaster from a friend a few weeks ago for $80 and all I had to do was clean out the exhaust(was filled up with nuts) to get it started but when I got it there was no muffler and haven't gotten one yet to broke to buy one right now. When it runs it will run fine for a few minutes on half choke but after a few minutes it acts like it is running out of gas and if I turn the choke off all the way it shuts off and I cannot get it started for about 30 min. I don't know if all the problems is because of not having a muffler or not if so know where I can get one very cheap?

What I know has been done to it: Bored .30, I think 240 main jet, and thors removed

Check out the carb, then do like he said and leakdown or pressure test it if theres no obvious junk in the carburator, youll burn her up quick if you run it with an air leak

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok will have to do a leak test when I get a chance and the Carb is clean I cleaned it before I did anything. Thanks for the help