NEED HELP

Banshee110mph

Apr 14, 2016
Alright I have a 2005 Yamaha blaster and I finally got rid of those stock bubble tires and got smaller on got 18-9-8 yes yes I lost speed but I was riding with my friend today and I realized the RPMS are wwaaaayyy higher now and I was sitting there gunning it and it just turned off on me and I went to kick it and it was like locked I put it in N and I could kick it but it wouldn't start I tried so many time I ever tried kicking it slowly 3 times then kicking it was trying to start but wouldn't then my friend on his raptor pulled me home going like 30 I threw it in gear and it started RIGHT UP so I turned it off kick it was fine smoked way more tho idk why and then I washed is with the hose and 10 min latter It rode like a raped ape but idk what happen can anyone help me I don't wanna keep riding it if its gonna blow up or somthing

Are you saying your RPM were running high then your engine seized up and stopped dead, then when your engine cooled off it started?

I'm confused too.
Slow down and explain "exactly" what happened in chronological order.
This will help a lot. Step by step and in detail.

Create sentences when you write. Its hard to understand when its all jammed together. Not being a dick. Just saying.
Help us help you.

Has the engine been worked on lately?
Is it stock?
What modifications have you done to it?

Sounds like you need to do a leak test on that engine before you proceed any further. No need to create further damage when you don't need to.

What two stroke oil do you run?

Reactions: 79 bronco
I'm confused too.
Slow down and explain "exactly" what happened in chronological order.
This will help a lot. Step by step and in detail.

Create sentences when you write. Its hard to understand when its all jammed together. Not being a dick. Just saying.
Help us help you.

Has the engine been worked on lately?
Is it stock?
What modifications have you done to it?

Sounds like you need to do a leak test on that engine before you proceed any further. No need to create further damage when you don't need to.

What two stroke oil do you run?
Alright everything is stock but the new tires I got smaller tires cuz its hard to find 21 so I got 18s I realized when I hit 6th gear is runs the rmps waaay higher when I was riding with my friend is just turned off I kick start wouldn't kick so I threw it in N and it kick but wouldn't start sounded a little different like it was blew up but wasent so my friend pulled me home on his raptor we were going like 30 I threw it in gear and it start (push start) and I rode it home one thing I notice it wouldn't stay running so I hosed it off cooled it down waited 10 min or so then it would start and run like a raped ape man idk and my 2 stroke oil is auto mix so yea and its yama lube

Instead of pulling cyl, when you remove the exhaust to do the leak down test, look at the piston. Odds are that the piston is damaged. Even if it is you still need to do a leakdown test BEFORE you take it apart in case an air leak was the cause.

Odds are a rebuild is in your future.

Instead of pulling cyl, when you remove the exhaust to do the leak down test, look at the piston. Odds are that the piston is damaged. Even if it is you still need to do a leakdown test BEFORE you take it apart in case an air leak was the cause.

Odds are a rebuild is in your future.
Alright thanks for your help

She blew....

that sucks, but can be good.....
now you can start fresh, follow this forums DIY's, vids, and suggestions to do it right this time,
you'll know what you have and how to maintain it for years of ripping !

that sucks, but can be good.....
now you can start fresh, follow this forums DIY's, vids, and suggestions to do it right this time,
you'll know what you have and how to maintain it for years of ripping !
Yea I have a little ripper my banshee but man I need a new piston and rings so yea but my banshee is only for racing f*cking rips hit 113 at the drag strip only thing I lost to was a ltr500 quad zilla 1986 it hit 118 :(

I need a new piston and rings

you need an oversize piston and rings, and the cylinder bored to match that piston.
take it to a reputable shop to have it measured, they'll sale you, or tell you, what size piston to buy, then bore/hone to match.

or send it here, like most of us do :)
http://kenoconnorracing.com/
mine ships to ken on monday