my kz400 blaster

D

dahondaboy

Ok, this started life with me as a naked 200cc blaster no front fenders and half the rears cut off. i made it a 240cc with a 40 mm mikuni vm carb. it was a screamer. but i get bored as i do and wedged an xr600r into it. holy crap was that fast! i never did get into 5th gear it would have killed me. but then i sold it to a friend and they had took out the 600 and sold it and tried to put a cb350 into it. it sat unfinished for a year and i got a call wanting to know if i wanted it back. i said sure. so now i have stripped it and repainted the frame, and wedged a kz400 twin into it. not the torque monster the xr600 was but this motor has 40 h.p., plenty of power for this little frame. I extended the swingarm 3 inches and added a cr 500 rear shock to handle the extra weight. it is smooth and plush like a fox shock, plus there is adjustability for rebound and compression. sorry for the quality of the pics, i will post better ones tonite.
kzx400.jpg

kzx4002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant even count how many motor swaps i have done, a few of the most famous are the blaster 200cc powered cr60r

blastercr60r.jpg

or the seca550 powered dirt trike...

trike.jpg

and the seca550 powered yz250...

550-x.jpg

my hillclimber is a custom framed xs650 twin with 750 big bore kit and 82" wheelbase.

reddyxs3.jpg

so yeah its kind of an obsessionI:I

heres my 2006 hillclimber at the widowmaker hillclimb,it was a custom framed xr600r with nitrous and 11:1 piston thast made it a 620 with 180 pounds of compression, what a pig to kick! we had to weld the kicker on it cause it kept breaking.

cJracing.jpg

here it is launching at gene's hill in clawson, utah.

IMG_0559Quicke-mailview.jpg

i also run a cr500 bored to a 514 with a 6 inch extension. i am just putting it back together now after totally rebuilding it.
if you are around utah or wyoming come see me and tons of other hillclimbers at the widowmaker hillclimb in croydon utah june 20-21. go to Widowm to check it out!!!!!

ok heres some better pics, i just got done with the shorty stinger pipes.

kzx400-4.jpg

kzx400-5.jpg

kzx400-7.jpg

kzx400-8.jpg

kzx4003.jpg

kzx4002.jpg

kzx400.jpg

....You are my hero!!!....you are like a motor guru!!!!...thats crazy!!!!
.....psst, it would look better lowered and widened...

i dont know about lowering, i climb a lot of hills and the raked stance really helps keep the weight forward. and it is widened 2 inches from stock, i just got the 18 inch holeshots for the rear today. they will look tons better. also the suspension squats down a few inches when on it. i am still needing to find a seat and the tank cover plastic for it. any one got a spare?