modded bumper

bummer981

Powered by Smoke & Mirrors
Mar 1, 2011
Rochester, New York
When I bought my 98 Blaster it had a modified stock bumper on it. It was so wide that when the tires were turned all the way and the shocks fully compressed the tires rubbed on it.

I decided to modify it. I cut the points off of it. Used one of the cut off tubes to square off the ends and shorten it up. This is my second time welding. Figure it would be a good project, cause if it breaks no one is going to die.

I am happy with the way it turned out. I think I am going to run this on the 04 I just got. Going to put the AC Racing one on the blaster for my boy.

nice work and welding mike !

A+ for this

I am in no way knocking your work as what you have achieved is a credit to you.

The downside of having a large and strong bumper, is that it will not absorb energy and in a collision the G forces may be transferred to the frame and bend/break it.

I am in no way knocking your work as what you have achieved is a credit to you.

The downside of having a large and strong bumper, is that it will not absorb energy and in a collision the G forces may be transferred to the frame and bend/break it.

I think it will absorb impact well. The additional tubing is welded to the plate and not tied into the rest of the bumper. I think there will be some give as it is not all one rigid piece.