kinda a newb Q

xsicxxx

Feb 29, 2008
PA
yeah was just wondering if i should use soap when i wash the qaud off i mean im realy trying to get this thing to shine so is it ok to use it basicly on every part?

i would think it would be fine just dont put any harsh chemicals on the motor as you dont want to mess up any seals an cause a leak somewhere but the rest should be fine

for all around after you get it cleaned up good with the power washer/ pressure washer.. go to your local auto parts store.. pick up a good wash wax combo from there.. yaknow.. like shampoo conditionerin one.. same thing with car wash soaps... other wise.. there is good ol cheery power car wash smells soooooooooooo good

best stuff I ever used was some stuff called "white lightening" from padre janitorial, comes in a 1 gallon bottle (expensive but you dilute it and it lasts forever) dilute it to about 25~30% strength in a spray bottle, spray the bike down good, let it sit 5~10 minutes, than hit it with a garden hose. no rubbing, no scrubbing. no pressure washer needed. pressure washers arent bad if you know how to use them, but if your not carefull you will blow water past seals, then you will be on here going "I can' get my axle out, its frozen in the carrier" and the pivot bolt for the swingarm is stuck, no matter how hard I beat on it it wont budge.

best stuff I ever used was some stuff called "white lightening" from padre janitorial, comes in a 1 gallon bottle (expensive but you dilute it and it lasts forever) dilute it to about 25~30% strength in a spray bottle, spray the bike down good, let it sit 5~10 minutes, than hit it with a garden hose. no rubbing, no scrubbing.

sounds like the lazy man way, lol, yeah i wash mine ever weekend with the powerwasher and soap scrubber from the car eash, no problems here, and i get her nice and clean!I:I

I had this heavy duty engine degreaser, you spray it on let it sit 15 mins the wash off, it took a lot of gunk off my motor.
for the plastics use a polish like turtle wax or meguiars

yeah i clean it, garage it, unless it is a photoshoot, i hot shine the wheels, scrub the rims and use the nano wax on the plastics, other than that not too much sense in doing all that because in 5 days it is going to get dirty again, lol

usually after riding i take it ot a car wash and use the soup from that... then just spray rest off at a safe distance as to not F up and seals or gaskets

for all around after you get it cleaned up good with the power washer/ pressure washer.. go to your local auto parts store.. pick up a good wash wax combo from there.. yaknow.. like shampoo conditionerin one.. same thing with car wash soaps... other wise.. there is good ol cheery power car wash smells soooooooooooo good

lol did u put power/ pressure wash not to start another debate about it

another trick, never armorall the tires, it's a lubricant and will make it much easier to puncture them

And try not to armorall your seat either. My brother did the seat on his sled, and youd sit down and just slide everywhere. It made it a little challenging to stay on.

But for our sleds we just use windex and paper towels, then wax them. We do that in the fall and they stay clean and shiny for the west of the winter. But they also dont see much mud or anything. Itd be mainly to really get it looking good. On our foreman i just hose it off good, and then occasionly go over it with windex and it makes it shine and look good. Then i hop on it while its still wet and go tear through the creek and trails. Atleast it looked clean.