Just wont run not sure please help

Jason Bailey

Sep 12, 2016
I have a 2001 Yamaha Blaster 250. Bought it brand new and have never had any issues out of it. About a year ago I rebuilt the carb after it sat in storage for a while. Well we had it out riding and it was running normal no issues. We shut it off after getting back to the truck and got a drink and rested. Well when we were ready to start riding again it started rode 75-100 yds and then died. After several attempts at trying to kick start it I had the guys give me a push and tried to pop the clutch. Still didn't start. Well I've tried all the ideas i could think of to get it running again. I've replaced the spark plug, the gas, even the oil. If I remove the seat and the top of the breather it'll start but runs really rough. Thought it was a carb issue and needed adjusting. Every time I replace the breather top and seat it wont start. Also when I try to give it gas it bogs down and dies. I cant figure it out. Any ideas?? I sure could use the help I'm fresh out of ideas. Is the CDI box? Coil? I'm not sure.

The reeds are between the carb and the cylinder.

It sounds very much like the float is out if adjustment or the carb is flooding.

The reeds are between the carb and the cylinder.

It sounds very much like the float is out if adjustment or the carb is flooding.
I rebuilt the carb today and it still doesn't even try to start. I've replaced the spark plug wire, and rebuilt the carb. I'm lost and out of ideas. If it's flooding how?