Just bought a 2004 blaster with the 240cc kit

langlais23

Apr 27, 2014
Hey guys I just bought a 2004 blaster with the 240 big bore kit in it and I am just wondering if it is really fast. I am 5'4 130 pounds and bought it because I heard it was. I just want to know if it will be fast enough to beat my friends in a drag race. They have a kawasaki Kfx 450 a raptor 350 and a Honda trx 250...keep in mind theirs are all stock and I have the 240 big bore kit and an after market exhaust

Well its also dependant on gearing and such but for the most part, people smoke 450s with their built blasters. It would help if you posted up the mods you got and the gearing on it.

First you have to make sure it really is a big bore jug. Make sure the jetting is right and there is not air leaks by doing a leak down test. It most likely won't be to fast if it's not ported. I don't know what has been done to your engine so can't say how fast it should be. You shouldn't have a problem with the 350 or the 250 if it's a 4 stroke. I think you will have a real ruff time with the 450. Running twisty trails is the Blasters strong point.

dksix said:
I was looking a CL the other night and saw 4 straight listings for Blaster's with BBK's and all 4 were .040" over, not BBK's.
I love getting on CL and laughing at some of the ads people put on there..lol..99.9% r just bored .040" over..