Jetting?

potterrules

Dec 7, 2014
Hey everyone! I did a full rebuild on my wifes 91 blaster. I went with Vito's 240 big bore kit. Trying to get the jetting and needle position dialed in. Wondering if you guys have suggestions or what your running? I currently have a 290 main and 30 pilot, I have the needle on the third position, the air screw is 1 1/2 out. 1st and second is slow 3rd and up is alright, slow response time, it should have way more power?

I'm running full fmf exhaust
No tores
Deleted oil pump
K&N air filter straight off the carb

Last edited:
https://www.blasterforum.com/threads/jetting-numbers-the-solution.17259/

People have had issues running an air filter straight off the cab on these. Air turbulence maybe? Better to run through your air box with the lid off. Open filter is only good in a. Fairly clean and dry environment.
What carb are you using?
Did you set float height. What needle are you running. If the blue needle. They tend. To run rich. Unless you run the vitos exhaust. If you are running the blue put the stock one back in at middle position and try it. Or you could drop the blue a slot at a time and try that. But they seem to like the stock needle
How did you settle on 1 1/2 on the air screw.? It has to be set to achieve the highest idle waiting 15 seconds between adjustment to let the engine stabilize.

The previous owner cut the air box off. The bike ran great for a couple years. Then took a sh*t, so I did the rebuild. I only have the blue needle. 1 1/2- 2 turns out the bike idles good. So far needle in 3rd position and a 32.5 and 300 jet seems to work best but still running flat in first couple gears

The previous owner cut the air box off. The bike ran great for a couple years. Then took a sh*t, so I did the rebuild. I only have the blue needle. 1 1/2- 2 turns out the bike idles good. So far needle in 3rd position and a 32.5 and 300 jet seems to work best but still running flat in first couple gears
You need the stock blaster needle in there.#
5j22

On my wife's bike, stock cylinder, open air box, Toomey pipe and I run a 310 main. With the 240 being 20% larger, I would think you should be at a minimum where I am at in the main (I think FMF is a low end/mid pipe though).

I have a ported 240 on my bike, but I have the Vito's Fat Bastard pipe and a 35mm Airstriker carb. So my jetting is of no use in this conversation.

Hey everyone! I did a full rebuild on my wifes 91 blaster. I went with Vito's 240 big bore kit. Trying to get the jetting and needle position dialed in. Wondering if you guys have suggestions or what your running? I currently have a 290 main and 30 pilot, I have the needle on the third position, the air screw is 1 1/2 out. 1st and second is slow 3rd and up is alright, slow response time, it should have way more power?

I'm running full fmf exhaust
No tores
Deleted oil pump
K&N air filter straight off the carb