Jetting chart

tfaith08

Feb 24, 2014
SW Alabama
I see a lot of questions rotating around jetting and power production and the manipulation of the latter by altering the former. Don't do it. Jet for accuracy, not power.

jetting.png

This is how your jetting works. Well, it's more of a means of getting the point across rather than showing extreme accuracy, but the idea is there. You want to get your jetting as close as possible to the best ratio of heat and combustion possible, which can be determined by stoichiometry. More fuel doesn't mean more power, unless you're too lean. Less fuel doesn't mean more power unless you're rich. If you have an engine that is set up properly, leave it alone.

The general rule of thumb is 12.5:1 amongst most circles. However, I have yet to find an air/fuel ratio that all builders agree upon, though most are between 11:1 and 13.5:1. The reason for this is that there are many more things in play than just air and fuel. A plug chop and knowing what to look for are going to get you where you need to be. For further information, refer to the plug chop and jetting guides in this section.

Trust me on this; I have a chart.https://www.google.com/search?num=1...a=X&ei=kAZGU9_kCO2A2QXvyIH4CA&ved=0CCYQvwUoAA

Attachments

• jetting.png
    jetting.png
    10 KB · Views: 151