intake boot

I think I know what your talking about, what I did was loosen the clamp almost all of the way to make sure it wasn't putting any pressure on the boot. After that you just push the hell out of it and hurry up and tighten the clamp. Thats what I did.

are you talkin about the boot to the engine? or the boot from the airbox?
you shouldn't have that prob at all. are you running an a-m carb that's shorter in length than the stocker? my carb will sit right in between the boots and wouldn't even come loose if i didn't tighten the clamps up.

nope stock carb and yea i pull the boot to the carb and tigten it up and it still slides off

thats weird, with mine i set the carb then slide the one from the engine on clamp it, then loosed the clamp all the way and slide it on and tighten the clamp as far as it will, never had any problems, unless you got some sort of lube on there, then it will be a pain in the a**, so i would try and clean it and make sure it is not slippery then put it on and tighten the clamp down as tight as you can.I:I

as said above a reed spacer will fix this, itll push the carb back enough where the boot will stay on, also check to see if the clamp is bottomed out, and not tightening anymore, if so try throwing another hose clamp on