i have a problem...

Diablo362

Mar 14, 2009
im pretty new with all this engine stuff,but i redid my top end . piston kit or w.e and i ordered a stock piston i believe thats what originally was on it but it runs now but i did a compression check and it came up to 70 nd the kick start is realllly soft. it only will start if u pop the clutch down a hill. do you think you know the problem?

you really need to get the cylinder measured to find out if its round and the size of the piston needed. Your cylinder is probably out of round and your getting blow by which is causing your low comp reading

im pretty new with all this engine stuff,but i redid my top end . piston kit or w.e and i ordered a stock piston i believe thats what originally was on it but it runs now but i did a compression check and it came up to 70 nd the kick start is realllly soft. it only will start if u pop the clutch down a hill. do you think you know the problem?

yeah i had the same problem with mine im rebuilding mine again now because mine did the same thing urs is doing and now my motor has locked up so im having to rebuild it again.......question have you ever put yours through any water deep enuf to get in ur motor?????

he had to have had it bored/honed if he rebuilt the topend, i am guessing you didn't measure to see what the bore was on it before you put the piston in, measure it or ask the people who did it and get the right size piston

yeah i had the same problem with mine im rebuilding mine again now because mine did the same thing urs is doing and now my motor has locked up so im having to rebuild it again.......question have you ever put yours through any water deep enuf to get in ur motor?????

nhaa I never took it in water deep anough to get in the motor. But i did find out what the problem is. witch is i put the rings in wrong and scored the cylinder. Im planning to put a big bore kit in it.