i built a blaster

angryest1

Jun 11, 2009
Hi, i baught a 2002 blaster 3 years ago and started reasearching online and reading forums to do up a blaster.

Here it is now, not much left to do to it. The only thing thats stock now is the steering stem, handle bars, and frame, and bottom end of the motor, oh ya the seat is stock, lol.

heres a quick overview of whats on her
lonestar +3 +1 a arms
+4 swingarm
durablue +4 axle
18" maxxis razor rear rubber
14 tooth frnt sprocket, 38 tooth rear, DID 520 gold oring chain
steering stabilizer
ebay generic rear hyd brake upgrade
racing CDI box and upgraded coil
hologram aluminum race intake box and air filter with outerwear cover
meir plastics front and back and black tank cover
dg nerfs, moose front bumper, and nice little extended rear bar
ct 240 sonic head, mx port and polish
35mm cpw kein carb, air boot, cr250 reed cage
motion pro twist throttle
elka duel rate piggyback rezzie fronts with adj high low comp, elka duel rate remote rezzie adj high low comp rear suspension
lightened flywheel, vp 110 race gas, running synthetic oils

Amazing trail rider and hill climber. Always puts a smile on my face. Everyone wants to know what it is when they see it, and keeps up with most quads on a rolling start, not the greatest straight line racer but cant be beat in nimble turns and trails. Handles big air, and rides like your on a cloud of air. Bike is very light to manhandle in air and in tight spots without reverse. I live in Alberta Canada and havent seen a nicer blaster in these parts.

2n0qzow.jpg

5vchag.jpg

dmrasm.jpg

2hoh8wz.jpg

257lnro.jpg

Hi all thanks for the positive remarks.

I live in Grande Prairie Alberta. 5 mins outa town there are 4 gravel pits, sand dunes, and forest alongside a river for miles and miles. The riding is awsome here, except the sand makes things like maintenence and upkeep more frequent.

The pipe is what it is, I ordered it from the yamaha deealership in my first round of spending so we all can thank some dealership oder jockey for that decition. Im not going to go out and buy more stuff for this bike, im already into it about 16000. Most of the parts were ordered from the states and I kept on getting hammered with huge sir charges, and i got lots of parts seperatly so shipping also was a big cost.
Acually I am gunna spend some dough on it in the future, some v force reeds, try to find a spacer to run behind the reeds to increase low end torque, and a 3mm stroker eventually. But not the pipe, its shiney and loud and thats what anyone really cares about out there on the dunes.
Ill post more pics some other time, i have some more little tweaks i wanna do to it first.

THAT BIKE IS KILLER! Love the darked out look!!! The Shocks and A Arms rule!!! I like the pipe I run the same and love it!! Works great sounds good!

Nice Bike bro!!! Wish my ride looked 50% as good as that one does!

Cheers enjoy it!! its Sick!

Very nice looking blaster!! I know you will hear this over and over but the pipe is holding you back.If youhave a ct240 kit with a p&p then a nice ct,f7,power pro's etc. will be a night and day difference.I personally would sell the fmf and buy a new pipe before the 3mm stroker crank.IMO Either way looks really good.Nice job.

Very nice looking blaster!! I know you will hear this over and over but the pipe is holding you back.If youhave a ct240 kit with a p&p then a nice ct,f7,power pro's etc. will be a night and day difference.I personally would sell the fmf and buy a new pipe before the 3mm stroker crank.IMO Either way looks really good.Nice job.
Right, the pipe will make more of a differance than a stroker crank.

Thanks for the advise, i will price it out pipes do make the biggest difference in power gains it seems. Is there an acual market for a used fmf pipe and silencer? Whats a good price to sell it for? Also does anyone know are those cr250 reed valves notiouriously stiff or somthing? Seems like I have to coax the top end into full breathing most times with a very easy gradual increase in throttle to get there. Probibly a porting issue, head was ported by trenga racing, now i think their outa business.