how do i take my tire off my rim

Rah Shortz

Dec 18, 2011
Durham nc
Trying to put some new tires on my booboo but some donkey put atv slim or goo in it and i can't break the seal.Do anybody have another way besides a tire shop.Thx again blaster forum...

get those giant claps that when u push down the handle, it closes. put that or just a big clamp on both sides of the tire just above the rim, and just torque it down until the seal breaks. if that dosent work, try hitting it with a rubber mallet, or jumping on it with the claps all on

ATV tires are famous for not coming off the rim.
You could try to use a jack with the tire between it and something solid or,
placing a long 2x4 on the bead and driving a car up on it.
Most shops will do it for a minimum charge- don't pay more then $15.

ATV tires are famous for not coming off the rim.
You could try to use a jack with the tire between it and something solid or,
placing a long 2x4 on the bead and driving a car up on it.
Most shops will do it for a minimum charge- don't pay more then $15.

ive got my tires un mounted and new ones remounted for free :D lol naaa it waas auctally a huge hastle, causr it wasent done rite the first time, or the second, and they guy who did it got tired of me, so he gave me my money back and i brought it to another place, and they did it for free because of the last guy..... :D but i pain 25 for unmount and remount... nottt tooo bad

If you're going to just toss the tires after removal you could do this to get them off:

Take a sarrated knife and cut about a 3" x 3" square hole out of the rubber sidewall where it meets the rim. Then use a die grinder, torch, hacksaw blade or whatever you have available and cut through the wire bead. Once the wire bead is cut, the tire will come right off the rim.

Good luck!

If you're going to just toss the tires after removal you could do this to get them off:

Take a sarrated knife and cut about a 3" x 3" square hole out of the rubber sidewall where it meets the rim. Then use a die grinder, torch, hacksaw blade or whatever you have available and cut through the wire bead. Once the wire bead is cut, the tire will come right off the rim.

Good luck!
do u have the stock springs on ur blaster? if so how did u paint them?

I do but i haven't yet.however to take them off the bike & if its anything like a car compress the spring(with a vice b/c the spring can hurt u if done wrong) remove the shock and clean and prep ur spirng & spray away.Im sure someone will give u another way just do wht u feel good wth.:D

No....my sig pic shows banshee shocks, but I now have a pair of works shocks on my blaster.

You could carefully tape off the shock bodies then paint the springs, but honestly, stock blaster shocks aren't worth the time to paint them no matter how bad they look. Spend your energy on something more worth while.

I do but i haven't yet.however to take them off the bike & if its anything like a car compress the spring(with a vice b/c the spring can hurt u if done wrong) remove the shock and clean and prep ur spirng & spray away.Im sure someone will give u another way just do wht u feel good wth.:D
i was just wondering if spary pait would hold up.... gues not lol
No....my sig pic shows banshee shocks, but I now have a pair of works shocks on my blaster.

You could carefully tape off the shock bodies then paint the springs, but honestly, stock blaster shocks aren't worth the time to paint them no matter how bad they look. Spend your energy on something more worth while.

yea ur rite...