Houston Valley OHV trails near Dalton, Ga

deeeebeeeeee

Aug 20, 2015
Rossville, Ga
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/conf/recarea/?recid=10468

Made my first trip here today, trails are nice and built specifically for mx/atv use. The water breaks are well drained and designed to give a pretty good lip to jump from either side. A few of the more difficult trails are a bit rocky, I would have loved to have a day to remove some case crushers from the middle of the trail.

Main and easy trails are wide enough for two trucks to pass, but it's atv's and motorcycles only. No side by sides, rails, go carts, etc. There is also a 50" width limit.

It's $5 per operator per day, or $50 per year. A few primitive camp sights are available around the parking lot.
Print a map before you Come.

Back to the trails, everything from gravel roads to X4 loops, as well as some MX berms, and lots of moderate jumps await the sport rider. Deep mud pits, rocky rutty, paths and tight twisty trails await the more adventurous sport riders, as well as the owners of cars with handlebars.

I nearly had the place to myself today, there was one other group of atv riders on 800 lb machines, and I noticed a couple single track bikes one thumper and one enduro, coming out for a break as I loaded up.

Rode moderately to moderately hard for 2 1/2 hours today and burnt just under a tank of fuel.
It was great to get back in the saddle so to speak. As the 2nd Gen blaster were still being made the last time I rode for more than 20 or 30 minutes and on a borrowed predator troy Lee at that .

HOUSTON VALLEY TAIL are a blast as long as it's not packed, I wouldn't want to ride on too busy of a day as evne the skinny technical trails are two way.

I too found a new trail spot. A guy I work with gave me permission to ride his property. He has around 100 acres of trails. I took my son for his first trail ride over the weekend. Had a blast. Didnt cover a third of the property though. Lol. Its limited access there and hasn't had many people back there yet this year so there was a lot of overgrowth. Nice trails though from what I've seen. Besides getting stuck twice Lol.
No trucks allowed but everything else is. Not many places around me that haven't been destroyed by trucks. Had a nice set of trails along the river on the edge of town until the city wanted to make a riverwalk across the river so they shut it down. Wasted money on the river walk if you ask me. Hardly anyone uses it and now youth who are interested in riding but don't have access to land to ride. I had been going there for id say 20 years since i was a kid. Its a bummer